I'm going to start putting together quick guitar lick lesson videos but I was just wondering what way to structure them?

So far I'm thinking:

Guitar Lick at full speed with backing track.
Guitar lick played at 1/2 speed to a click but have a pause after each arpeggio shape or half bar.
Guitar Lick at 1/2 speed with backing track.
Guitar Lick at 3/4 speed with backing track.
Guitar Lick at full speed with backing track again.

Upload Guitar Pro tab + PDF and backing tracks at various speeds in the description.

Would that be enough or should I ad on-screen guitar tabs? I'd rather not talk in them.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and save me thinking how I could have done them better. Cheers!
on-screen tabs would be sweet if you could figure out a way to add them that doesn't detract from the pictures of your fingers/guitar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
when i go look for lessons on youtube, i really just want the at-speed playthrough (just to hear what i'm about to learn again) and one slow version, broken down into logical sections. i don't find any use in having a click or backing track with the slow version because i've already heard what the whole thing should be.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Dave_Mc
on-screen tabs would be sweet if you could figure out a way to add them that doesn't detract from the pictures of your fingers/guitar.

I could edit in a video of it playing in guitar pro(muted obviously) below it.

Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
when i go look for lessons on youtube, i really just want the at-speed playthrough (just to hear what i'm about to learn again) and one slow version, broken down into logical sections. i don't find any use in having a click or backing track with the slow version because i've already heard what the whole thing should be.

Yeah ditching the click track for the breakdown play through sounds like a good idea. I'd probably keep it for the 3/4 speed play through though.
i was actually trying to say i wouldn't use the 3/4 speed, i'd actually get impatient because then i'd have to try to skip past it to see if you had anything else to say afterward. it makes much more sense to me if you just did away with any "x/4 speed" playthroughs and just take me through it like a teacher would, spending less time on the easy parts and more time on the hard parts. but that's just me.
Quote by archerygenious

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by drawnacrol
I could edit in a video of it playing in guitar pro(muted obviously) below it.

yeah that might work

i agree that the massively slowed down version wouldn't be that much use for me, but that's not to say it wouldn't be helpful for some people. maybe if you put links to skip the slowed-down bits or something like that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
maybe if you put links to skip the slowed-down bits or something like that.

i would love that. if you really want to do all the different versions, put these skip links.
Quote by archerygenious

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
i was actually trying to say i wouldn't use the 3/4 speed, i'd actually get impatient because then i'd have to try to skip past it to see if you had anything else to say afterward. it makes much more sense to me if you just did away with any "x/4 speed" playthroughs and just take me through it like a teacher would, spending less time on the easy parts and more time on the hard parts. but that's just me.

Yeah the 3/4 speed might be unnecessary when demonstrating. The one thing that really annoys me about video lessons is where the person talks for 2 minutes, then plays the lick, then spends 2 minutes talking about the lick and then shows you how to play it. They should straight to the point as quick as possible haha

Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah that might work

i agree that the massively slowed down version wouldn't be that much use for me, but that's not to say it wouldn't be helpful for some people. maybe if you put links to skip the slowed-down bits or something like that.

A lot of people would need a slow version though just to get an idea of fingering and what way to pick.
yeah i suppose you could make the argument that if you don't need the slowed-down version that you maybe don't need the lesson, either
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by drawnacrol
Yeah the 3/4 speed might be unnecessary when demonstrating. The one thing that really annoys me about video lessons is where the person talks for 2 minutes, then plays the lick, then spends 2 minutes talking about the lick and then shows you how to play it. They should straight to the point as quick as possible haha

exactly. in that spirit, i still think you should have just one at-speed demonstration with backing, and then a section with no backing where you play logical sections of the solo part by part, largely ignoring tempo and playing each section at like 2-4 notes per second maximum. the idea is to just clarify what the blur of notes are in fast passages so the mind can hear more than just the general direction of the melody. timing can be figured out just by listening to the original.
Quote by archerygenious