Doubt it. I couldn't find much info when I Googled the name. From what I have been able to find, however, one Josh Lambeth sought to build the best amp possible, and spared no expense doing so. Unfortunately, high quality generally means high cost, and Lambeth Amplification never made more than twenty-five or so amps.

So, now that we've taken care of the quick and dirty history, let's get to the amp: Model designation JL-100. According to the guy from whom I received the amp last week, it's 100w class A. I strongly doubt that. It's technically a twin-channel amp, but it doesn't use a footswitch to switch channels. There is only one speaker output, and a three-way resistance switch (4, 8, and 16 ohm), in addition to the power cable, on the rear of the unit. It's a 3 qty. 12AX7, 4 qty. 6L6 beast of a head, which doesn't feel very comfortable on one's foot.

Here is a pic of the beast:

How does it sound, you ask? To be perfectly honest, I'm not too happy with it. However, I don't think the head has anything to do with it - my only speakers are a pair of low-quality 12-inchers that I salvaged from a busted Crate G-120C built in 1993. The same speakers rendered my Mesa/Boogie head an unusable mess(a), so I'm not going to knock points off of the sound.

When played through a proper 2x12, as I did at Guitar Center last weekend, it becomes a much more pleasant amp. It can do Hiwatt-y sounds, plus. It has gain to spare, but it doesn't get trashy.

However, it does suffer from the same problem that the Mesa did for me: I'm not a gigging musician, and a 100-watt head is all but useless for my purposes. I'm preparing it for sale, unless you'd like to make a compelling trade offer, and I do mean compelling.

Here's a sound clip:

[forbidden link]

Settings are as follows:

Guitar: Gibson SG Special Faded
Board: Big Muff (green Russian, bubble font) -> Moog MF-103 phaser -> EHX Small Clone -> Fulltone Clyde Deluxe -> MXR Carbon Copy.
Cables: Yes.
First half: High Gain; Master and Gain knobs set to get clipping, without causing my ears to bleed (yes, I'm wearing protection; always have, always will); Bass, Treble, Mid to 5, Presence to 8.
Second: Clean; Master and Gain to louder, everything else the same.
Mic: Blue Yeti pointed at speakers, which are actually facing the carpet (I'll reposition them shortly).
Program: Garageband, exported to MP3, then to WAV, through Audacity.
Room: My bedroom.
Scotch: Arbelour 16.
Janeway or Seven of Nine: Seven for show, Janeway for go.

Final Thought: I apologize for the poor playing, but I did warn you.
100W class A out of 4 6L6s is literally impossible.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Sure it can. He just failed to mention the /B after the A.

No mention of Lambeth in my Vintage Price Guide, either. Looks like a decent amp though - nice quality.
Last edited by KG6_Steven at Nov 13, 2013,
Quote by KG6_Steven
Sure it can. He just failed to mention the /B after the A.

No mention of Lambeth in my Vintage Price Guide, either. Looks like a decent amp though - nice quality.

Not surprised. Looks like it was never a business. Just some guy in Cali who built a few prototypes. Almost all of the info on the internet is from the OP on various forums, though there is a Myspace page for the brand. Guts the OP has posted elsewhere look nice enough. Maybe Hiwatt-ish in nature.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
lets see some guts.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
lets see some guts.

I should also mention that the body of that post was written three months ago. I've had it more than a week, and I know that 100 watt amps don't do class A. Although I'm not desperate to sell it, I'm interested in doing so, because I can't feasibly use a 100 watt amp in my house. Ideally, I'd trade, but nobody knows what on Earth this amp is, so they're not biting.
Last edited by andvari7 at Nov 14, 2013,
Needs way more knobs.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Is that a DIY turret board or something the builder had printed for reference? Regardless, it's a quality build.
Those 1 ohm wire wound resistors for bias measurements?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
It is a quality build. I wouldn't put it up with Hiwatt, in terms of clean wiring, but I've seen much worse. If I had the Power Scaling mods, I'd be all over that. It would help to know which kit(s) to get.
Last edited by andvari7 at Nov 14, 2013,
Lambeth Amplification still shows up in the Anaheim, CA phone registry, but they have no website. Their only mention is on MySpace, which suggests that they folded some years ago. There were quite a few fine amp makers in Anaheim since the 1980s, so there is every chance that what you have is a very good amp. Enjoy it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by cdr_salamander
Is that a DIY turret board or something the builder had printed for reference? Regardless, it's a quality build.

+1 cleaner than my builds i have only done a couple of simple ones.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by jpnyc
That is a nice build. No wonder they didn’t stay in business.

+1 you have to have an established company of some form that made them known to put that time into a build, unless it was known to be an amazing, and worth the price.

thats why SLO's are >$4000 (new) and the jet city 100 watt head for ~$500 (new) which is supposedly identical.

also it really does surprise me how splawn does so much in house and do so well, and at a very competitive amp in both new price ranges and used.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!