http://www.todayonline.com/world/quirky-world/pianist-faces-7-years-jail-excessive-practising

http://abcnews.go.com/Weird/wireStory/spanish-pianist-face-jail-practicing-20864983

TL;DR Pianist and her parents could face jail time for causing "psychological damage" to those around her by practicing

Thoughts?
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Remember The Maine!!!!!!!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
couldnt this just have been handled by calling the police and them issuing citations until the b*tch got the message?
It's way too extremist to do something like these to the pianist.

I read the note (in the spanish newspaper) and it sounded me like the old womans lawyer make a big thing about it to get more money.

BUT BUT

They could do something to insolate the noise....at least egg boxes.
Shit I saw that headline and didn't bother clicking it

for causing psychological damage

god what a way to ruin someones self confidence
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
"On Monday, the first day of the trial, the El Pais newspaper reported that Bosom told the court she now hates pianos so much she can't even stand to see them in a film."

That's such a weird example.
Quote by Soccerguy
"On Monday, the first day of the trial, the El Pais newspaper reported that Bosom told the court she now hates pianos so much she can't even stand to see them in a film."

That's such a weird example.
A very sound argument you might say? Eh?
I'm going to go ahead and say Spain is addicted to Fascism, 1936 and naming their children Francisco Franco James Francisco Franco.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Rossenrot
This was spainful to read.

I have a strange feeling that this saying will become a trend in the near future.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
This is disgusting.. Like, I don't even understand. If she plays that much at least she wouldn't sound awful and she looks kind of hot in that photo

Also there are many many ways to relieve the problem that are far less extreme than giving her seven years in jail (lolwot)
How on earth could they prove hearing damage from 5 years ago?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
How on earth could they prove hearing damage from 5 years ago?

Huh?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
C'mon guys, this isn't completely unreasonable. I mean her piano playing was often as loud as a normal conversation!
I guess in spain if you have conversations at normal volumes for too long they'll send you to jail for seven years.
"This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded
This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded."
I don't know, pregnancy issues and anger at hearing another female play the piano, it seems very strange.
This is really weird and a complete mystery.

Anyway the majority of people in Spain or anywhere would probably never do something that insane.
I call bullshit.

The prosecution claims that years of hearing constant playing has caused Bosom "psychological injury." Medical reports showed she suffered from a variety of problems, including insomnia, anxiety, panic attacks and gynecological problems.

gynecological problems.

edit: I mean that I call bullshit on the case even going to court. obviously the charges are stupid, but for this to even get into a court room is just nonsensical.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Nov 14, 2013,
Acoustic Contamination?

phukkit spain, just charge her with biological warfare and stop making yourselves look stupid.
Quote by Rossenrot
This was spainful to read.

lolspain
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
The article is ridiculous and the barrage of Facebook comments beneath it are just as troubling. How do people get off saying things like they can understand how this woman was "tortured" because a musicians practice consists of play the same pieces repeatedly for hours and hours and hours?

Normal piano practice shouldn't be more than between 60dB - 70dB and the OSHA and NIOSH indicate you can safely be exposed to sound levels around 80dB - 90dB for up to 8 hours a day. This lady is a quack.

I would say take the plaintiff and put her in the world's quietest room for half an hour and see how thrilled she will be with piano practice afterwards.
Get a nice hammer-action keyboard and some headphones. Much cheaper than the fines she's being charged with. Then everyone is happy.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
The bitch pressing charges clearly already had mental issues and therefore her claims can be disregarded

Also, if the piano was only as loud as the average conversation, then nobody outside the house would have been able to hear it, unless they lived in a cardboard box.

How cases like this even make it to court, I just don't know.
I have nothing important to say