View poll results: How do you feel UG?
I can't handle this
2 67%
No
0 0%
Great entertainment
1 33%
Voters: 3.
Though I like some rap and respect many rappers for the lyrical geniuses they are, I can't help but feel like rap is the one genre where you can be a famous musician without actually being a musician.
PM me for newts
I don't want to be that guy, but "ape" comes a bit too harsh don't you think? According to urban dictionary -

*A racist slur toward a black person (because of the physical similarities between black people and monkeys).

I know this is a probably a troll thread, but you do have a point, however the way you present it over the top. I think rap music is more based on the lyrics and not the actual sound itself and I can respect them for that.
Quote by StewieSwan
Though I like some rap and respect many rappers for the lyrical geniuses they are, I can't help but feel like rap is the one genre where you can be a famous musician without actually being a musician.

This, minus the part where I like some rap and respect many rappers.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
lil wayne is good, can't freestyle but he is clever with wordplay and i like his delivery. these dudes hardly represent rap though.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !