Im in the market for a 50watt tube head preferably in a more compact size than a standard head.

I sold my peavey 6505 112 combo to add to a fund i was saving for the EVH but a guy i know has offered an Engl screamer head for £450 with the Z5 footswitch.

I have enough to buy either amp i just dont know which one,

Ive only heard videos of the EVH and ive only played on the engl thunder 50 but like how that sounded.

nowhere near me stocks either amp to go and try.

what would you choose
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

My band: www.facebook.com/deifieduk
(actually called Deified)
The Thunder is like Peavey's Valveking IMO. It's pretty good, but the other amps blow it away in comparison.

I tried a Screamer and really liked it however. But if you don't like the Engl could always resell it.

Where abouts are you cause there's a guy selling a Screamer for £350, locally to me... He may post if you're interested...
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Nov 14, 2013,
im based in st helens near liverpool and i dont have a car atm.
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

No offense bud, but you have had a lot of these 'What amp' type threads and none of them really follow the suggestion in the sticky, and you seem to still be going round and round.

I mean, there are advantages/disadvantages with all the amps you've asked about and everyone's opinion on each of these amps is different - so by me just blurting out 5153 isn't really going to help you

Otherwise: 5153
EVH, no contest. I don't think the Screamer is very impressive in any way. I think of it as an overpriced amp riding on the Engl name.

YMMV. I know at least one person around here does like them.

^ EDIT: +311 to 311.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I go through gear like no ones business thats why i have so many different threads asking about different amps, im just after opinions from people who have tried them or who own them to see if its worth spending the money on them.

Like many of us im looking for that perfect tone in my head and id like to avoid buying an amp and having to sell it because its not what i want.
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

Quote by peavey6505+user

Like many of us im looking for that perfect tone in my head and id like to avoid buying an amp and having to sell it because its not what i want.

We can probably help you get there a lot faster if you make a proper "What amp?" thread.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25873058&postcount=1

No beating around the bush. Let's do it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X