Page 1 of 4
Now, this isn't a thread aimed at attacking veterans. I have no beef with most of them. But there are some who seem to think their service entitles them to goods and services.

Obviously, that proves they served for more selfish reasons (i.e. for benefits and social approval).

One of these such entitled pricks went to McDonald's on veteran's day with his family. Vets are supposed to get a free Big Mac on v-day or whatever, and he only had his VA card on him. The manager was a moron and didn't give him the free Big Mac, so he recorded himself berating her stupidity, posted it on facebook, and then talks about how McDonald's doesn't do enough for veterans, and how veterans should be able to eat there for free (which, IMO, seems more detrimental than beneficial).

Then, when a fellow vet speaks up, his friends and supporters make insulting, racist comments. Good stuff. Highlights include "she wasnt even from america. she dont know shit."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSBG3N9cI9s
I'm so glad we don't have this glorifying soldier shit in the UK. I don't care if you joined the army, that was your choice, you don't get free shit.
Why do veterans get a free big mac at all?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
All this over a damn Big Mac? It's really stupid that she didn't know about Veteran Affairs, but he's got too butthurt over hit. That said, he was no angel, but he wasn't being a huge dick, just really condescending and rude.

I LOL'd at the comment agaist another vet critical of him. "Respect for veterans" went out the window along with the claim that people don't respect vets because they don't respect each other? Da fuk?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Nov 14, 2013,
Quote by Todd Hart
Why do veterans get a free big mac at all?

it was for veteran's day, where many businesses vie for the PR of pretending to care about veterans.
Quote by rockingamer2
All this over a damn Big Mac? It's really stupid that she didn't know about Veteran Affairs, but he's got too butthurt over hit. That said, he was no angel, but he wasn't being that much of a dick, just condescending and rude.

what he says in the video isn't too bad, i'll agree. what's worse is how big of a deal he made of it, and how he posts it to facebook and makes all these entitled comments about it and how veterans deserve so much more from the "biggest fast food chain in the world" (which doesn't happen to be true).
Two idiots flapping their lips.

This shit is the epitome of the American McDonalds.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I cringe so badly when I see so many people romanticising the military. They're necessary, yes, some of the jobs and dangerous, yes, some military personnel put themselves in high risk situations.

But that hero crap I keep hearing grates on the nerves.
Quote by progdude93
it was for veteran's day, where many businesses vie for the PR of pretending to care about veterans.

Ah makes sense.

I think being a veteran (and getting whatever respect that comes with the term) should be one of those unspoken things - if you go around smugly saying 'I'm a veteran, I'm entitled to more stuff than normal people' then its rather proof that you haven't quite understood the point of military service.
Quote by Todd Hart
Ah makes sense.

I think being a veteran (and getting whatever respect that comes with the term) should be one of those unspoken things - if you go around smugly saying 'I'm a veteran, I'm entitled to more stuff than normal people' then its rather proof that you haven't quite understood the point of military service.

yup. if you truly did it because you thought you would do your part to make the world better (arguments about that being misguided are irrelevant), then I would applaud your dedication. because there are few things i want to do less than have to shoot someone (not sarcasm).

these people just give vets a bad name. i haven't met many, but the one's i've met have not been, shall i say, overeager to bring up their military service when it's not right.

this guy's a ****in champ though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXNwbFVd3Xc#t=4m50s
I hate people like that.

Was the lady wrong? Seems like it. Did she deserve to be treated that way? Hell no.
Its just a ****in cheeseburger... A shitty cheeseburger... Why'd he have to be an ass about it?
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
Ah legalized serial killers. The least we should do is give them all the mcdonalds they can eat. Maybe then they will become too fat to serve and we can stop trying to occupy every country we don't like.
Quote by Wormholes
Ah legalized serial killers.

lol, idiot
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I'm curious how many of the pos(t)ers above have served?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Nelshizzle
Two idiots flapping their lips.

This shit is the epitome of the American McDonalds.

Hey, you can remove the word 'McDonalds' from this sentence and it's still true.
Quote by Wormholes
Ah legalized serial killers. The least we should do is give them all the mcdonalds they can eat. Maybe then they will become too fat to serve and we can stop trying to occupy every country we don't like.

Hardly serial killers, the vast majority of the people in any army across the planet never fire their gun at a human target.
Quote by Trowzaa
I'm so glad we don't have this glorifying soldier shit in the UK. I don't care if you joined the army, that was your choice, you don't get free shit.

Same goes for me. The VA-card thing was obviously a mistake the girl behind the counter made though... That's right, a human mistake. Not a sign the entire corporation 'McDonalds' are a bunch of dicks. Hard to understand for some folks, it seems.
Tell me who's that writin'...
I would have totally gone and joined the military if someone told me I could have a free Big Mac once a year!

Now I'm stuck in a real job making real money.

FML.

edit: I think I'm gonna hit up a McDs for lunch today. Talk all the smack you want, but when a Big Mac is made fresh and just right, it's pretty bangin!
Last edited by 5_Years_Dead at Nov 14, 2013,
Quote by Arby911
I'm curious how many of the pos(t)ers above have served?

I'm equally curious as to whether that's relevant.

Though I do not wish to discount your experience in the matter (IIRC, you have) and indeed am curious to know your thoughts on the issue of veteran entitlement.
Both of them are idiots; the veteran being the bigger one.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
My work was giving free meals to veterans on Monday. It was nice, and the majority of the guys had their heads screwed on straight. There is definitely a minority, though, who are just dicks. I saw a guy get angry just because he wasn't getting a free lobster for himself.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Quote by progdude93
I'm equally curious as to whether that's relevant.

Though I do not wish to discount your experience in the matter (IIRC, you have) and indeed am curious to know your thoughts on the issue of veteran entitlement.

It's only relevant to me in defining initial perspective.

You can find my thoughts HERE
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I wonder how the discussions went when he was still in service: "No, I'm a general so I get to shoot him, you should respect your elders, and the people higher in rank, you're just a soldier, I'm a general, now hold up while i sneakily get my camera and film you without you knowing it, before posting this shit on facebook for the world to see how we deal with Afghanistan!"....

The military system doesn't make any sence to me...
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Last edited by BjarnedeGraaf at Nov 14, 2013,
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
I wonder how the discussions went when he was still in service: "No, I'm a general so I get to shoot him, you should respect your elders, and the people higher in rank, you're just a soldier, I'm a general, now hold up while i sneakily get my camera and film you without you knowing it, before posting this shit on facebook for the world to see how we deal with Afghanistan!"....

The military system doesn't make any sence to me...

I'm sorry what does that mean?
Quote by Arby911
It's only relevant to me in defining initial perspective.

You can find my thoughts HERE

well then to you, and to jackal, curmudgeonly though he may be.

i have very little gratitude in me for soldiers, but i maintain a healthy respect for them, especially given the traumas many of them go through. though this is simply me making a blatant generalization, i have been left with the impression that stable people with several options in life that could lead to a successful and happy future do not join the military unless they have something to prove. and that's either their own toughness (for the insecure dicks) or their valor and the power of mind over matter (for those with fortitude) or patriotism, or something else I'm unaware of.
I know plenty of people who were in service and I am so grateful none of them act like entitled idiots. The worse thing I see them do is go to every place that will give them free food or beer on Veterans Day. Other than that, they don't "demand" respect.

Edit: I do think they are entitled to enough respect that the government will provide for VA adequately. Doesn't matter if they are soldiers or not, not providing adequate health care is just douche-y.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Last edited by kikaykitko at Nov 14, 2013,
to be fair, if there was a bar/decent restaurant near me that was offering to give me free food and beer, I'd probably go there
It's like watching an angry, self righteous tape recorder on loop yell at a brick wall.
Quote by Zan595
It's like watching an angry, self righteous tape recorder on loop yell at a brick wall.

that's a very apt and succinct characterization of what happened.
Quote by Wormholes

Yes, a bunch of 18-20 somethings sit around at Ft. Bragg, and say "Hey, let's go occupy South Korea, I hear they have fantastic surfing opportunities!"

Idiot.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
lol, he would throw a fit over a big mac. freakin america.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by progdude93
well then to you, and to jackal, curmudgeonly though he may be.

i have very little gratitude in me for soldiers, but i maintain a healthy respect for them, especially given the traumas many of them go through. though this is simply me making a blatant generalization, i have been left with the impression that stable people with several options in life that could lead to a successful and happy future do not join the military unless they have something to prove. and that's either their own toughness (for the insecure dicks) or their valor and the power of mind over matter (for those with fortitude) or patriotism, or something else I'm unaware of.

back at ya. I wish I could run into one of the jackwagons just once. Would be fun. Self important pricks.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
back at ya. I wish I could run into one of the jackwagons just once. Would be fun. Self important pricks.

it would be great too, because immediately upon being criticized, he'd respond, "I served in the military of these here United States of America! What have you done, sir?"

And then you get to verbally bend him over by saying, "I was in camo when you were in diapers, bitch. And if you don't shut the **** up, I'll tear you a new asshole so big you'll have to return to diapers." BAM. Game over.
Quote by daytripper75
I hate people like that.

Was the lady wrong? Seems like it. Did she deserve to be treated that way? Hell no.

That's public service summed up
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Malchius
I'm sorry what does that mean?

My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Page 1 of 4