Is there anything in that middle ground?

I listen to the TC Hall of Fame, and the Hardwire RV-7, and they're good on their own, but then I hear them directly compared to the Strymon BlueSky, and of course the Strymon makes them sound like toys.

Is there anything out there that's a compromise? Ideally looking for something around $100-150, used price of course.

EDIT: I guess it's important to note, I don't really care about slapback or short reverb sounds, I'm definitely shooting for huge, lush, sometimes echo-y verb sounds. Just think for ambient soundscape use, rather than more general use.

EDIT 2: Just listened to the Mr. Black Supermoon Chrome for the first time. Holy shit
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Nov 14, 2013,
Alesis Microverb 4 or Lexicon MX200/300/400/500, whichever you can find at a good price.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Not looking for a rack unit in this instance. I'm keeping the tear down/setup time and cable management down to a minimum. Looking for a pedal to throw on the board.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Line 6 M5, or EHX Cathedral. I have both on my board (Well, I have an M9, same series just different model) and I truly consider both desert island pedals for me. The infinite sustain on the Cathedral is fun to mess around with, and the particle verb and octoverb can be quite tasty for ambient sounds.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Strymon makes a great one

Have you tried the TC alter ego?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The Supermoon is cool. Neunaber Stereo WET is awesome, too. I like the Line 6 Verbzilla as well. Will trade mine in for a Stereo WET someday though...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Could try the Hardwire Supernatural. Huge, lush, ambient sounds are it's thing. It can be dialed back to be more subtle as well if you need that as well.

I picked one up a month or so ago and I love it. It's got a great spring and plate settings plus a bunch of other nifty modulated reverbs. It was between the Supernatural and the BlueSky for me, I was able to try the BlueSky before and it was amazing but I could not really justify the price on it. Although the used price has come down a little bit since the BigSky was released...

I do not at all regret picking up the Supernatural without having even tried it and I don't feel that I compromised on quality by buying something for at least half the price of a BlueSky used. I highly recommend it.
Yeah I did a lot more research before seeing all these replies, and I figured out that A) I want a shimmer verb, and B) The Hardwire Supernatural really seems to be the ticket for compromising shimmer tone for a lower price than a Bluesky. The Bluesky is still obviously better, but $300 is too much for me for a single pedal.

Another alternative I've found is the Mr. Black Eterna, but I'm not sure about it, the flexibility of the Supernatural seems more useful.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X