Ok ive been informed to put things in this format asking about amps.

I am looking for a compact 50watt tube head.

My budget is £800/$1300

I play metal in the style of threat signal/devildriver/august burns red.

I will buy new or used.

I dont need it to have a good clean channel, just a really good high gain sound.

I will be running it through various 2x12's loaded with v30's.

I will be gigging with this amp.

I have an Ibanez fitted with EMGS and one with Duncan distortions.

I have a bugera 333 atm but its not really what im looking for tone wise.

amps i have considered:
EVH 5150 iii 50watt
Engl screamer
Randall RT50

All suggestions welcome
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

My band: www.facebook.com/deifieduk
(actually called Deified)
Is compact and low wattage the key factor here? I don't see the problem in getting a 6505+ (y'know, like your name) and potentially running it on 2 power valves, rather than 4, keeping it at 60 watts. Or even at its full 120 watts and using the post gain as a volume properly.

If weight IS an issue, EVH 5153 mini is a great amp. I have one and would highly recommend it.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
i have just sold a 6505 60watt combo and ive had the 6505+ head aswell, love the sound just want a change. size is a key factor for more portablity hence the size of the engl and evh. i shall have alook at that carvin now.
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

i live in th uk near liverpool in the north west
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

How compact we talking, because the 5150 mini isn't really that much smaller than your typical amp.

As far as the others you were considering, the RT50 sucks. I even like Randalls and that thing just sucks, plain and simple. The Screamer I can't personally comment on, but from what I understand it isn't quite the modern metal monster that Engls other amps are, so I have my reservations about recommending it for that sort of thing.

The V3M wouldn't be a bad idea, very tiny little amp, I liked the big brother all right, though it was a bit smooth for some of the heavier stuff I play, might be a problem for you.

Biggest question I have is, do you want compact or do you want light-weight? Unfortunately metal amps that sound good tend to have big ol' transformers in them, which take up some real estate, and in general there are not a lot of giggable amps that come in a small size. You could do the whole modeler/PA or modeler/power amp and cab thing, though with a lot of power amps you may still have some issue with weight, through the PA would be the easiest thing, guitar, modeler, cords, and done.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
compact more than lightweight, not after things like the terrors from orange
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

Quote by peavey6505+user
compact more than lightweight, not after things like the terrors from orange

Hmm...

Well as I said compact can be a bit limiting. If you think the 5150 III is small enough, I am inclined to say that will probably be your best bet. It definitely isn't a Peavey 5150, but it can cop similar (some would say better) tones.
i was at a gig the other week and they were using the 100watt heads and they sounded amazing so i think it would be my best bet, but i dont know what other things to look at aswell
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

Quote by peavey6505+user
i was at a gig the other week and they were using the 100watt heads and they sounded amazing so i think it would be my best bet, but i dont know what other things to look at aswell

Really you have most anything that would fit your description in this thread already. If you don't want something from the terror series, you are looking at one of the things mentioned here.
You should be able to get the ASG Hybris shipped over there in your budget. Not sure if they ship over there or if they're available though.

But I would seriously look into it/find out. No other "mini" amp will give you the tone you want, I don't think.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X