I use a Laney Ironheart IRT 60W H with the matching 212 cab. Basically when i plug everything in and power up, everything is fine. but no sound comes out. When i put the volume on full and play i can hear my guitar at a really low volume. It's not a valve problem, they are all working fine. I tried it with different guitar cables and it did the same thing. So is it a bad speaker cable?
Quote by MattCox12345
I use a Laney Ironheart IRT 60W H with the matching 212 cab. Basically when i plug everything in and power up, everything is fine. but no sound comes out. When i put the volume on full and play i can hear my guitar at a really low volume. It's not a valve problem, they are all working fine. I tried it with different guitar cables and it did the same thing. So is it a bad speaker cable?

How do you know the valves are working properly, have you tested them? It could be the tubes. Do you have any spares you can swap around in the amp?

have you plugged your guitar directly into the FX loop return jack (use the guitar volume)? This will bypass the entire pre-amp of the Ironheart and only the MV/presence knobs will do anything. If you can hear your guitar then it is in the preamp section of the amp. If you hear nothing doing this your power section needs to be addressed.

You can try a new speaker cable

If the speaker cable is indeed bad when you play the amp you risk ruining the OT.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Nov 15, 2013,
This sounds like a power amp issue to me. One time I replaced my power tubes and i didnt plug one of them in all the way. When I played, i had very very minimal volume, especially on the clean channel. Then I re-opened it, properly seated the power tube, and viola- back to regular volume.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Thanks for the help, it was a bad speaker cable. But thanks Robbgnarly for the troubleshooting advice, will use that in the future when I experience a problem.
Quote by MattCox12345
Thanks for the help, it was a bad speaker cable. But thanks Robbgnarly for the troubleshooting advice, will use that in the future when I experience a problem.

No worries man. Just remember a tube amp with no speaker/load connected can result in a blown OT which can get pricy
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate