Hey guys,

I recently bought a Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6 with active EMG's and I'm having a lot of trouble with feedback which I have with none of my other passive loaded guitars.
I understand that the Active EMG's have a lot more output than my others but the ammount of feedback i'm getting from playing staccato riffs is ridiculous, and it only occurs once I engage my Maxon OD808 (Even with my NS2 threshold on full whack)

My rig runs like this:

Guitar -> Korg Blacklight -> CFH Wah -> Maxon OD808 -> NS2 -> Blackstar S1 50W

I've tried rolling down the gain on the pedal and the amp (which works) but I lose tonnes of bite and grit and it just sounds like an overdriven rock guitar

Any Help would be much appreciated!
Does it happen when you run the guitar into the amp alone?
Many people just use the OD pedal as a boost. If you are cranking the gain as well there might be a flood of distortion in the signal path which is causing the feedback. How close are you?

There are probably others that can help you better, these are just quick thoughts.
Best of luck.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Using the OD as a boost with the gain turned up on the pedal will cause feedback, even with a noise gate.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
I dont really add any gain with the OD808

Settings I use are

Overdrive/Gain - 0
Volumes - Max
Tone - touch off max

All is fine until it gets to the level where I can just here it over the drums then......squeeellllllllllllllll
If you're playing that loud, chances are you're just too close to your amp, or facing it at a bad angle.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by benjihorizon1
I dont really add any gain with the OD808

Settings I use are

Overdrive/Gain - 0
Volumes - Max
Tone - touch off max

All is fine until it gets to the level where I can just here it over the drums then......squeeellllllllllllllll

When he said gain he meant it in the technical sense, ie amplification. With you pedal set like that you are adding an extra gain stage.
I run my amps very loud, if I don't mute strings I don't want to sound they feed. I like it like that because it means the ones I am playing sustain forever. You just have to play better.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
You might want to try lowering the gain on your amp. I have had a similar problem with my blackouts but when I turn my gain down on the amp a bit more it is controllable as long as my muting is up to snuff. You might also try lowering your pickups as well. I've found that I like the sound of my actives at about the same level as I would adjust passives. Most people run them a lot higher. It's a tradeoff when you use actives AND a boost because you technically don't need to push the amp that hard, but it's the only way to get a certain sound. It just makes it harder to control feedback.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Last edited by KailM at Nov 15, 2013,
swap cables, effects order, cables individually.

basically what i am saying is saying is take everything off and add stuff back one at a time and see where it goes wrong in every situation.

i have no experience with blackouts, but in the past when i had a lot of guitars with various EMG's, you may need to dial the gain back on the amp or boost or both.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Cathbard
When he said gain he meant it in the technical sense, ie amplification. With you pedal set like that you are adding an extra gain stage.
I run my amps very loud, if I don't mute strings I don't want to sound they feed. I like it like that because it means the ones I am playing sustain forever. You just have to play better.

Yup
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Cathbard

Honestly dude, its not a case of 'just playing better'