They're doing construction on the apt below me and hammering out walls and power drilling, it was driving me nuts. I usually practice quietly using GuitarRig and backing tracks, but today I cranked up my 6505+ that I rarely use except for gigs, with my 300w stereo system to levels that would normally be used in a bar and wow... so much more tone, clarity and sustain. The electric guitar likes volume as much as me.

I wish I could do this all the time. You guys who can crank it where you live to practice are lucky.
I don't practice where I live but there's no doubting that cranking it is massive amounts of fun; the sheer physicality of that kind of volume is amazing, and knowing it's something you made only adds to it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
...but remember to protect your ears.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I practice at Giging levels which is loud as hell (I'd make Cath proud )

I actually get told to turn down live a lot and I'm at the same levels I am normal.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I tend to practice/record with my 6505 on no higher than 1. Usually closer to 0.75. That thing is beastly, even when I played it with a drummer I wouldn't take it higher than 3.

I wish I could crank it louder but I think even having it at 1 is too loud being in a terraced house.
Quote by dannyalcatraz

Please take this advice ^!!! it sounds amazing I know but at least toss in some hifi ear plugs! I crank my Traynor YCV40 every now and then, but when I had a Bassman it was awesome to crank but seriously hurt without some plugs!!!

sucker was vibrating things off the walls!
The only downside to playing loud? You're advertising to everyone that you have musical gear. If they decide they want it worse than you do... My goal is to remain as low key as possible, even though we live in a nice neighborhood. You just never know who's watching... or listening.
That's why I always keep my guitars away from the windows. Scary thought.
That settles it. I’m putting the tube amp in the next room and playing with my wireless unit.
Quote by KG6_Steven
The only downside to playing loud? You're advertising to everyone that you have musical gear. If they decide they want it worse than you do... My goal is to remain as low key as possible, even though we live in a nice neighborhood. You just never know who's watching... or listening.

both of the houses i own are in a good area, i am also a caveman.all windows coverd by thhick drapery at all times. i have an aggressive dog, which everybody hears who goes up. i never open the door. i don't let anybody in until i know them well, but i still dont trust them, and i don't let my dog get acquainted with anybody. i have monitored security system at both houses.

doesn't mean it would happen, but i don't make it easy to see what i have. my wife likes it dark too. ymmv

i play pretty much in the garage with people and practices. everything is locked. with a cheap amp and cab (modded blue voodoo and cheap cab from CL. i also have a cheap drumset in there. and shitty cymbals.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by dannyalcatraz

This for heavens sake. Remember that you have only one pair of ears for the rest of your life. If your ears ring and feel desensitised for a while after playing its way too loud. That means you are doing damage and in time if the abuse continues it may become permanent. And you may not even notice it until it gets really bad as you age.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Nov 16, 2013,
Quote by KG6_Steven

German Shepherds, they keep my gear safe....

...as long as I don't leave it somewhere where they can chew it up.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Quote by dannyalcatraz

inb4 Cathbard sees this and does the whole "You wimps, back in the 80's..."
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Back in the 1980s & 1990s, I was going to shows like the Texas Jam, Megadeth, Metallica, Soundgarden, in venues where the volume was so loud it moved your clothes...or substituted for your hearbeat.

Many, many rows back.

Fortunately, I protected my ears, so I can still hear what I'M playing.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I regularly play my 6505+ at 3.75 with a full band. We have a privately owned rehearsal studio/room so volume isnt an issue.I usually dont use hearing protection unless Im hung over. Cymbals are the only thing that really bother me, noise wise, so I tend to stay away from the drummer. I have never pushed it past 6 o'clock tho. At that volume my ears had a weird tingling sensation. I bet its possible to make your ears bleed with a 6505+.