I've been trying to look these old things up, but can't find too much about them. Saw a few youtube vids, and they seem to have a lot of interesting sounds. Anyone tried em? How would it compare to a Line 6 Floor Pod (not a floor pod plus) guy offered a trade.
Not anywhere close to a floor POD. Even the first generation of floor POD were way ahead of those old Zoom units, which were total crap IMO. Zoom has never been at the forefront of modeling technology and back when the 3030s were new they were putting out some really bad stuff. The 3030 was one of their better units at the time, but that's not saying a lot.
Both, but mostly the tones. That early modeling stuff was pretty rough across the board and the Zoom was no exception.
I'm a big fan of the Zoom G3/5 but I agree with roc on this one. I dont know what videos you watched but the older zoom multifx are about the worst multifx you could buy. They're really just kids toys. The G3 goes for under $200 new and it's a kick ass lil practice gadget. The line 6 m series are also excellent.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by Roc8995
Not anywhere close to a floor POD. Even the first generation of floor POD were way ahead of those old Zoom units, which were total crap IMO. Zoom has never been at the forefront of modeling technology and back when the 3030s were new they were putting out some really bad stuff. The 3030 was one of their better units at the time, but that's not saying a lot.

i tried to ditch a 5 year old zoom on CL for like 6 months then i got a call who owns a music store and wanted to hear them before ordering, i told him i had a line6 guitar port and he was excited. i traded him both for a $600 (if new) coronet (yes the brass instrument), nice horn... lol. no more zoom=happiness

the only reason i got the zoom is because i won it at a contest. terrible sounding.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/