Hey guys-

I recently purchased an Engl Powerball v.1 and a Guitarfetish Greenie Classic tubescreamer pedal. Ive had a bad monkey for awhile, but I wanted to try something new- it was totally worth it.

First the amp- I dont know what it is about Engl amps but I am obsessed with them; particularly the original Powerball. I love the aesthetics of the amp and I think the sound is killer. The amp has gotten a lot of hate in the past, but I kind of think that it was mis-used (particularly the gain and mids). I keep my gain low (<11 o clock) on the lead channels and it sounds more clear and natural. The "open" mids mode is definitely scooped (even at 10), so I like to keep my mxr 10 band in the loop (clean and lead) boosting some of the upper mids. Focused mode sounds liquid and thick for leads. I also use a boost out front to really tighten it up and give it some serious attack. Other issues people had with them were fizzyness and over-compression. I replaced the pre-amp tubes with jj12ax7s and a 12at7 in v2 position. Tamed the gain a lot and reduced the fizz.

As for the Greenie Classic- what an outstanding pedal. I'm definitely going to purchase more GFS pedals (most likely the reverb next). First two things I noticed were that it is built like a tank, and the led when on is awesomely bright. It has three modes (classic, fat, and tight) and I prefer classic for its mid-hump. It works excellent as a light overdrive for clean, or a boost for lead.

I made a video because I wanted to exemplify some of the versatility of this amp, as well as my emg-equipped ltd eclipse guitar. Forgive any sloppyness and what-not. It was a fun improvisation.

Hope you guys enjoy. I may also upload a video to show how the Greenie is perfect as a boost for metal rhythm and solos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYJuj1YEgDc

Some blues improvisation on my Engl Powerball with my new GFS Greenie classic amazing pedal

Esp ltd ec-1000 emg 81/85 - GFS Greenie Classic -Engl Powerball - FX loop to MXR 10 band boosting high mids a moderate amount - boss dd7 - Carvin Legacy Cab v30s - Shure beta57a - USB dual tube pre project series - reaper w/ambience vst reverb effect

Started with clean w/ neck pup, then engage Greenie w/neck mess with volume knob a bit aswell, then switch to bridge, then switch to Engl PB Crunch channel w/ greenie still on, neck pup, then bridge w/ DD7
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?