Page 1 of 2
Hi,
Haven't been to the pit in a while so I hope this is in the right place.
My fiance and I moved in with a close friend around March 2012, we asked him in June this year to start looking for a new place to live and to be out by November, its now the 16th and he is still here and doesn't appear to have any plans to move. How can I get him to move out quickly without losing a good friend?

While he always pays his rent, helps with bills and buys some of his own groceries, our friend rarely cleans up after himself (unless he can't find clean dishes), and actually makes a fuss when you ask him to clean anything. Never buys any cleaning products (****ing expensive) or toilet paper and considers some of our toiletries shared (soap). He has even on multiple occasions "accidentally" used my tooth brush.
We both basically feel really disrespected by him.

His lack of effort in trying to move is really putting a strain on my relationship, I want him out before the end of this week but after speaking to him today I don't think thats likely.
He has absolutely no right to say he's not moving as we paid the bond and the lease expired recently so how do I get him to move out without getting the landlord involved and upsetting him?
you leave his shit in boxes outside and change the locks.

"upsetting" people is pretty irrelevant when they don't seem to give much of a shit about you, and have no respect for you.

this is how a lot of "roommate" situations end.
My fiance is at work at the moment and she just sent me a text saying if hes not out she will be, I actually just showed him the message and told him thats how serious this has gotten. Still no indication that hes going to do anything
This is why you dont move in with people.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
So was it his place to start with?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
My fiance and I found the house, paid the bond and then asked him to move in to help with rent as both of us were struggling to find enough work.
It was also kind of a favour to him because he was trying to move out of his mum's house at the time.
funny story actually, our bedroom is at the front of the house right next to the front door and we had forgotten to close our windows when we shut the blinds and when he came home from work heard us in bed together. IT was a very awkward week
Wait, so you moved in to where he was living and now you want to kick him out?

edit: Oh okay, you cleared it up in a later post.

Yeah, you can't kick him out unless he wants to leave or your landlord can find an excuse to kick him out.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Nov 16, 2013,
One does not simply remove someone from a place living by simply asking.

If he doesn't want to move, he doesn't have to. You can use your contract with the landlord if you want and remove him that way, but outside of that unless he consents he gets to stay there. Also, what was his reaction to being asked the first time round?

Also, how often have you actually brought it up? If you and your girl have been bitching to yourselves that's going to achieve nothing.

Your girl also sounds typically illogical and unreasonable. Have fun with that.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by Anthony1991

Yup.

And you sound like a dick for moving in with a friend and then wanting to throw his ass out just because you're getting married. If anything you and psycho girl should be the ones getting your own place.
When your girlfriend tells you that he's out or she's out, does she mean she'd leave you? Don't marry her.
Quote by jabgriffin
Hi,

My fiance and I moved in with a close friend around March 2012, we asked him in June this year to start looking for a new place to live

You moved in with him...and told him to get out?

...aren't you a cunt

Edit: Just read through the thread. Sorry, man.
ayy lmao
Last edited by chookiecookie at Nov 16, 2013,
Quote by Anthony1991

Typically?
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Ditch your mate. No good friend would force you into this position in the first place
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Shit on his chest. That'll teach him.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
Quote by ozzyismetal
Shit on his chest. That'll teach him.

Don't listen to this guy. Chest on his shit instead.
Quote by jabgriffin
My fiance is at work at the moment and she just sent me a text saying if hes not out she will be

she sounds like a real catch.

Also TS, you are spineless.
Last edited by AxeToFall at Nov 16, 2013,
Quote by jabgriffin
My fiance is at work at the moment and she just sent me a text saying if hes not out she will be, I actually just showed him the message and told him thats how serious this has gotten. Still no indication that hes going to do anything

This here. Who gives a shit what he thinks after that happened. He doesn't give a **** about you, man. **** that guy, he's a prick. Tell him to get the **** out of your house or you'll throw him out. If you're not the physical type, tell him you'll call the police.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

What you need to do is move out and ditch them both and go start a new life with people that don't suck so hard.
Quote by naedauuf
This here. Who gives a shit what he thinks after that happened. He doesn't give a **** about you, man. **** that guy, he's a prick. Tell him to get the **** out of your house or you'll throw him out. If you're not the physical type, tell him you'll call the police.

Call the police for what? 'Hey, this guy who co-rents the house with us doesn't do the washing up, come and evict him.'
Quote by Todd Hart
Call the police for what? 'Hey, this guy who co-rents the house with us doesn't do the washing up, come and evict him.'

OP never said anything about him co-renting. From what I gather he's just living there with them, helping them pay rent. OP never said he was on the lease. If he is, then they're ****ed until it runs out. Otherwise there was a verbal agreement that this guy would be out in November. So from the info we have, I figure OP can call the cops.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Quote by HvyMetalKing
What you need to do is move out and ditch them both and go start a new life with people that don't suck so hard.

Yeah, this.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by naedauuf
OP never said anything about him co-renting. From what I gather he's just living there with them, helping them pay rent. OP never said he was on the lease. If he is, then they're ****ed until it runs out. Otherwise there was a verbal agreement that this guy would be out in November. So from the info we have, I figure OP can call the cops.

If he's not on the lease then I'm fairly certain, unless TS and his fiance have found some landlord who operates very weirdly, that TS is the one who will be screwed by phoning the police because having someone live in a rented house for a long period of time without them being included on some kind of contract/bond/deposit/insurance/etc is surely going to violate the terms of any serious rental agreement.
Quote by OP
He has absolutely no right to say he's not moving as we paid the bond and the lease expired recently so how do I get him to move out without getting the landlord involved and upsetting him?

Even if he was on the lease, it's expired, I guess. I don't know, there's a lot of room for guessing here. From the way OP worded this either the landlord doesn't know and will be upset from finding out, or the landlord knows and will be upset for having to evict this guys friend?

Need more info if we're to make a decision for OP.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

If the lease has expired then none of you should be there unless you signed another agreement.
Just move out.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by psyks

This guy?

Lol I thought the same.

a) your mate is kinda a shithead
b) if you and your girlfriend didn't cleared when he moved that he had to leave when you we're getting serious, both of you are pricks
c) your girlfriend is a prick for saying that she'll leave if you don't ask your friend to leave
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
you leave his shit in boxes outside and change the locks.

"upsetting" people is pretty irrelevant when they don't seem to give much of a shit about you, and have no respect for you.

this is how a lot of "roommate" situations end.

Holy shit Shinysides, look what the cat dragged back into the Pit!!

Where you going, what you doing, where you been?

Welcome back, man!! Good to see they let you out finally.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

sounds like you're being forced into a difficult choice. so do you want to marry your fiance, or your close friend?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Tell him to stand facing the front door, open the door, give him a good kick in the butt.
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
Quote by naedauuf

It's somewhat the opposite. If a woman is willing to leave you because of some inconvenience and then emotionally blackmails you to confront your shared problem by yourself, what does that tell of her? I think your problem is the woman.
Last edited by Aralingh at Nov 16, 2013,
I'm gonna need pics of your fiance to evaluate the situation.
PM me for newts
Page 1 of 2