I recently tuned my guitar down to D and have put on some thicker strings to compensate. I feel that the action is a little low as the squealies aren't coming out that clear on the fat E... I know that I have to screw the Floyd posts but do I need to pop the entire FR system out of the guitar to do as to avoid damage to the knife edges? It's a German made OFR

Cheers
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

You can just turn them, but some recommend loosening the string tension a lot first, many a post or knife edge has been damaged by turning them with the strings tight. Usually only occurs on cheap LFR posts, they tend to be crap steel. Some LFR have good knife edges and cheap posts, kinda defeats the purpose. The posts tend to get damaged before the knife edges from my experience. You probably need a slight truss rod adj if you changed gauge, but if you dropped tuning, maybe not.
Last edited by Tempoe at Nov 16, 2013,
Yeah loosen the system by detuning the strings before turning the posts. Learn from my mistake of not doing that and ruining a bridge. You don't want to ruin an expensive bridge like the one you have.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
I'll loosen them a lot and then adjust it, that should do it
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.