I recently listened to Dustin Kensrue's version of Silent Night, and it contains two very cool sounding chords that after countless repeats I can't figure out.

There is a 4 chord progression at the first "sleep in heavenly peace" and the second and fourth chords of this progression are the ones that I'm trying to figure out.

This occurs at 0:47 and 2:36 (although the latter is probably easier to hear because it is an instrumental break)

Hopefully somebody with a good ear can find out what these two chords are. Thanks in advance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD4gMXybqqo
maybe ask in the musician talk forum, they're ninjas in there

in the meantime take a look at the random silent night tabs on UG, you might get some ideas.

that's what i did

Taking inpiration from UG's tabs (i.e just copying them) E major b9 (possibly omitting the low E string, so that'd be a second inversion of it, I guess) might be the second chord, and A minor/F# or maybe A minor 7/F# (so basically an A minor or A minor 7 with a major 6th in the bass) might be the fourth chord,

I don't think that's exactly all that's going on (as i said, MT will know far better than me), but maybe it's closer than you've currently got (or maybe not ).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Nov 16, 2013,