Page 1 of 2
Quote by genghisgandhi
heard about it - was unaffected

3edgy69me
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
didn't click, but observing the link, looks like a depressing feelgood story...no thanks
That's really cool what they did for that kid. Usually I'm an unsympathetic jerkwad towards charities and "Help the children!" shame campaigns, but this was really nice of Make-A-Wish.
Quote by genghisgandhi
how is that in any way edgy? it's not like I said something like '**** that kid'

In America you're supposed to be affected by every feel good story and post some sympathetic statement to show that you've been affected.
That's awesome. I love Make-a-Wish. Some guys I work with got to do a Make-a-Wish for a kid a couple years back. It was really cool, but then really sad when the kid died like 6 months later
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by soundgarden1986
my friend beat cancer and all he got was a handicap parking badge and a welding power supply

tfw too old to be batman
Make a wish is bullshit. We're giving unlucky kids a few days of fun when our country has no government and is trillions of dollars in debt and millions of other kids die everywhere all the time and nobody gives a shit. Priorities people
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Make a wish is bullshit. We're giving unlucky kids a few days of fun when our country has no government and is trillions of dollars in debt and millions of other kids die everywhere all the time and nobody gives a shit. Priorities people

just, **** off please
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Yeah, nobody do anything fun until we've sorted the world out.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

see, this is an edgy post.
Really cool stuff. I know a few people from SF who were thinking of going back home to participate in this. Dunno if they actually went through with it though.

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

oh no, everyone run

the fun police are here
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

What's it like to be the worst person on the planet?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Did they kill his parents?
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Poor kid. Glad to see a city come together to help a little boys dream come true.

And I'm so glad he rescued Lou Seal.
Yeah, it's pretty cool for the kid.
I have a problem with these kind of charities, but at least he felt good about himself.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

As far as I know, they are not funded by taxes, and if they are, it seems you can opt out of it. However, I agree, the money could be spent to help those in need of actual physical medication, not emotional catering.
But that's what Make a Wish is for. Now if you donate to St Jude's and other various charities that helps with the medication then I'm all for it. When I was kid I used to donate my lunch money to St. Jude's now I try donating as much as I can but obviously it's not a lot.

I think this charity is a good idea cause some children might not live long enough to experience anything like this.
Quote by Basti95
Yeah, nobody do anything fun until we've sorted the world out.

This.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Except one can't help thinking about all the kids in favelas, slums, the Philippines etc who may have lost everything (including their parents - a la batman) and even if they do survive they won't get shit.
I mean it IS great for the kid and have nothing against it but i guess we really should remember it's just one versus all the millions of times it doesn't happen.
Quote by lolmnt
What's it like to be the worst person on the planet?

I wouldn't know. I just think it looks bad from anyone's perspective who has it worse, which happens to be a lot of children. Whether theyre starving or being raped, our money should go to helping curable people survive rather than incurable people have fun. Not saying family and close relatives can't pamper but the keys to San Francisco as batman??
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
I wouldn't know. I just think it looks bad from anyone's perspective who has it worse, which happens to be a lot of children. Whether theyre starving or being raped, our money should go to helping curable people survive rather than incurable people have fun. Not saying family and close relatives can't pamper but the keys to San Francisco as batman??

Man, imagine how you'd feel if you had a dying kid, who's been sick his entire life. Like been in the hospital more than he's been at home. And you want something good to happen and your kid to feel special for just one day. And then somebody said "No your kid can't feel special. Why waste money on a kid that's going to die?"
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

^ yea basically
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by lolmnt
Man, imagine how you'd feel if you had a dying kid, who's been sick his entire life. Like been in the hospital more than he's been at home. And you want something good to happen and your kid to feel special for just one day. And then somebody said "No you're kid can't feel special. Why waste money on a kid that's going to die?"

I'd like to think he'd go back to his kid and say.

"Son, you don't deserve happiness, because you're going to die, and frankly, you're a drain on society"

"But daddy, I'm a person and I thought you loved me."

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by genghisgandhi
see, this is an edgy post.

Quote by the bartender
Did they kill his parents?

The story made me happy, this thread is making me happier.
"This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded
This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded."
Quote by metacarpi
I'd like to think he'd go back to his kid and say.

"Son, you don't deserve happiness, because you're going to die, and frankly, you're a drain on society"

"But daddy, I'm a person and I thought you loved me."

"No son. I don't love you. You're dying. You're worthless."

"You don't love me?"

"Haven't you ever wondered why you've never had a name?"

"Dad, what are you doing with that pillow? DAD WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

"Shhh...shhhh. You won't cost me all these copays anymore."
I added some stuff.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by lolmnt
I added some stuff.

A definite improvement. Really captures jrcsgtpeppers human side.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
It's too early in the night to cry, I'll read it when I get home, and have a night cap. I'm far too much a softie for this stuff. The picture I saw on Facebook was enough.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

To elaborate more on why you're being dumb:

the dude is being cured, but I'm not sure why that matters anyway

do you spend all your money on those being starved and raped? do you spend any money at all on those less fortunate? this money comes from people, most likely better than you, trying to make sad people happy. you're really gonna try to demonize that? when you pretty much definitely spend money on your own fun? you can have fun, but the kids with cancer can't?

do you really think the charity for "stopping child rape" would be that effective?

i doubt this stuff even costs much

that stuff is obviously very important but there are tons of charities for that too

this is making people around the globe happy
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by lolmnt
Man, imagine how you'd feel if you had a dying kid, who's been sick his entire life. Like been in the hospital more than he's been at home. And you want something good to happen and your kid to feel special for just one day. And then somebody said "No your kid can't feel special. Why waste money on a kid that's going to die?"

lolmnt, there are starving kids in Africa or whatever. No one is allowed to ever have fun. ESPECIALLY those worthless dying kids
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Page 1 of 2