I am thinking of either getting a Kramer Pacer Classic or Jackson Js32 for Christmas this year, but I'm wondering which is the better choice. I'm mainly interested in which one is better for metal and hard rock. I play stuff ranging from Judas Priest to AC/DC to Joan Jett. (I would look at both of these guitars in person, but the nearest Guitar Center is an hour away and my dad wont take me. All our independent stores don't carry Gibson guitars or subsidiaries) The reason both these guitars intrigue me btw is because they both have locking nuts and tremolos.

I also am curious, this being my first year of guitar playing, are there lots of black Friday guitar sales? Online or in stores?

thanks!
Black Friday sales have been pretty shit the last few years. Sam Ash usually has some nice stuff on the web site, and a handful Guitar Center stores will have one or two amazing guitars for peanuts, but otherwise it’s the same crap deals on the same crap guitars as every other holiday.
Those guitars are expensive so I can see why you want a black friday deal. Black Friday also depends on the economy and country as a whole. So keep track of the news. This will let you know if it's gonna be big as a whole.
I just wanted to mention, I could get either of these guitars with the money I get from Christmas so long as I start saving now, (which I am). I was just asking about black Friday concerning things like effects, picks, strings, stuff like that. (but if guitars are usually on sale on black Friday, tell me)
Accessories can always be found cheap online if you look hard enough. Joyo pedals cover everything but reverb, strings and picks are often on sale in ten packs somewhere, cases get dumped cheap on eBay, etc..
Sweetwater and Cyber Monday are far better than any Black Friday in a brick-and-mortar store.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Ok thanks for all the shopping advise, but does anyone know anything about the guitars?
(I don't buy used guitars btw, I just have a hard time spending a substantial amount of money on something someone else used)
Well as I just said in another thread. The 80's Kramer focuses blow the pacer classics out of the water in every way for about the same to up to half the cost. They have better build quality (a lot of them were basically made by ESP , some Godin , and all assembled and finished in Japan) , they have original Floyd roses, and are just better guitars. Not buying used guitars because they're used is silly. That's like saying you wouldn't take an awesome classic car because someone else drove it.

Edit: the classics aren't bad. They're your average Indonesian $300 guitar. The bridge is decent, they feel OK, sound kind of dull. Need the pickups swapped IMO. but that was just the two or three I've played at GC.
Last edited by Chad11491 at Nov 19, 2013,
both of those guitars I would stay away from.

I understand you want a FR trem, but at the price range your looking at they are not good at all. A used guitar in your price range will have a better quality FR trem.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Ok I'm thinking of getting a 1986 used Kramer (if I can find one). Is it safe to buy an electric guitar online, because I might not find one locally. And if I can't find one, what is a really good guitar for around $4-7 hundred dollars that I can get that has a floyd rose and a locking nut included?
Quote by samuelzz10
Ok I'm thinking of getting a 1986 used Kramer (if I can find one). Is it safe to buy an electric guitar online, because I might not find one locally. And if I can't find one, what is a really good guitar for around $4-7 hundred dollars that I can get that has a floyd rose and a locking nut included?

Look here, 30 day return policy
www.guitarcenter.com/usedgear
good used prices also
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Ok, I got a $350 used Kramer Focus 6000. I'm going to get it checked at a few local retailers to make sure it's top notch used, as I do have 30 days to return. I'm also going to get a Van Halen d tuna on it so that I can insta-drop d.

Thanks for all the advise you guys!