Has anyone here ever tried it/graduated?
I'm just wondering because I'm trying to get my professional life all sorted out. The job I have is not what I want to be doing for the rest of my life. But I can't afford to quit and move to the big city to go to the university there.

My main concern is that I'll get a degree, and it won't mean shit on my resume because it's online. Is that a valid concern? Is it worth the money?
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
I think if you go through an actual university that hosts online courses you should be fine, Never known anyone that's done it though so idk
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
I'm from Washington. I noticed your Seahawks logo.

If you go through an accredited university your degree holds the same amount of weight.
Yeah, don't go to an online university. Instead, take online courses at a brick-and-mortar university.
Thanks for the advice, dudes.

Now, to figure out what I want to do. That's the hard part at this point.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
Online colleges like Devry and Phoenix have been proven to be scams. Because non of their even basic courses have transferable credit. However if you take online classes of any community college, 99% of the time, the credits can be transferred. Pure online colleges are not yet integrated into the education system. Infact anyone can make a college, it just won't have official credits for english, science, ect.

My advice for a working person, take 2-3 online classes after registering with a local community college. You can register online these days too!
Last edited by TheGreatTarp at Nov 17, 2013,
I heard coursera.com is quite valid and their certificates have been used on CVs.
For-profit institutions like Devry/Westwood/Phoenix are all scams. High dropout rates. High default on student debt rates. Non-transferable credits because they are accredited by seperate organizations than other universities and colleges. Some employers will not recognize these accreditors as being proper. Some programs at Pheonix have earned proper accreditation from the regional organization that accredits reputable schools such as the University of Arizona. Still you're moe likely to default on your student debt than to graduate from there.

Check to see who accredits the degree you are interested in. If they accedit reputable schools then it should all be good.
TS I'm in the same boat. Work a constant 40 hours a week and I absolutely can't quit. I'm 21 and have no education passed my diploma.

I want to take online classes but I'm afraid even that will be too hectic.
Cant you get less hours, Ryan? or does this promotion tie you to be there for extra responsibilities and shit
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
The problem with my schedule is that I work 12-hour shifts on the days I do work. So I get 3-4 days off a week, but the way the shifts work at my employer, I get different days off each week. And with 12 hour shifts, there's not really time for any school stuff during those days.

I'd quit, but damn am I making good money right now. I just don't want to do this for the rest of my life. It's kinda ****ed.

I'll look into the local community college and see what they offer in the way of online courses.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
Quote by Hydra150
Cant you get less hours, Ryan? or does this promotion tie you to be there for extra responsibilities and shit

Yup, 40 hours is required for this position. Opening/closing the store and stuff like that. It's split between 3 of us. Technically one of us could cut back a ton of as our shifts overlap by several hours every day, but for one manager to have a lunch break, another has to be present.

I mean I could definitely do online classes. And I probably will. But constantly working and studying with no free time ever will make me lose my mind. But it's not like I have anything going for me in life anyway.
Open university is accredited and good, but very expensive.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ