Well as stated in the title I hate pickup rings they have made my life more difficult but that is another story, I just wanted to show you guys my body mount bridge pickup

Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
Behringer GX212 (now works as head)
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
how did the pickup ring make it difficult to play?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by CarlFromCanada
IMO, that would look a lot better with a pickup ring

+3,1415
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
I'm intrigued, how did it hinder you to have a pickup ring?

The community deserve an answer!!!
rust and the screws didn't want to come out correctly thats why I took them out, but another guitars I had in the past same thing for some strange reason. I won't ever buy again a guitar with pick ups rings. humidity In Puerto Rico can be pretty brutal sometimes.
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
Last edited by Tenebrion at Nov 18, 2013,
Quote by Tenebrion
rust and the screws didn't want to come out correctly thats why I took them out, but another guitars I had in the past same thing for some strange reason. I won't ever buy again a guitar with pick ups rings. humidity In Puerto Rico can be pretty brutal sometimes.

What ever, I live in central Fl on the beach, no problems here
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Ah fair enough.... wait, why don't you use stainless steel screws? And why stops the other screws and parts rusting?

This is messing with my head 😳
Quote by Robbgnarly
What ever, I live in central Fl on the beach, no problems here

and your point is? trust me my sister live in Florida and she is always telling me that over there is way dryer than here, good for you then
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
Quote by Silord1
Ah fair enough.... wait, why don't you use stainless steel screws? And why stops the other screws and parts rusting?

This is messing with my head 😳

lol sry man cause I dont wanna mess with your head. but I did that to solved a problem and its not gonna bother me again.
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
Quote by Tenebrion
and your point is? trust me my sister live in Florida and she is always telling me that over there is way dryer than here, good for you then

Wipe the guitar parts down, and use a light lubricant like Fret ease/GHS fast fret or even Rem-oil lube on the metal parts. Just spray a little on a cloth and wipe the metal down. And yeah good for me

I was using that to show you that a humid, costal climate is not a problem if you take proper care of your instrument. Get one of the humidity packs or two and throw them in the case.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Wipe the guitar parts down, and use a light lubricant like Fret ease/GHS fast fret or even Rem-oil lube on the metal parts. Just spray a little on a cloth and wipe the metal down. And yeah good for me

I was using that to show you that a humid, costal climate is not a problem if you take proper care of your instrument. Get one of the humidity packs or two and throw them in the case.

well thank you for your concern and definitely gonna try it on my new guitars cause I don't like doing things "wrong".
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
I actually like the really stripped down look on electrics. And if you like it, to hell with what others say.
Zevon Saves
TBH, I don't know what the fuss is about - looks fine, although I prefer it with the ring on I don't see the issue with direct mounting - it's quite common on super strats from the eighties
Quote by TRH
I actually like the really stripped down look on electrics. And if you like it, to hell with what others say.

thank you
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass