So I recently upgraded to W8.1 and ever since upgrading there's been this issue with the back button. It doesn't work anymore. Like it does, but when I press back, it takes me to the previous page but it's all grey'd out and ugly for anywhere from 2-10 seconds where I can't click anything and I just have to wait for the page to finish loading and then everything goes back to it's normal color and I can click again.

this shit is really annoying cause I use the back button a lot when im browsing the forum and I don't understand why this is happening. any ideas how to fix this issue? is anyone having the same issue?

inb4 get a mac
inb4 uninstall
inb4 get W7
pinga
IE, but I use Firefox when im on the desktop for school and stuff. It only happens to IE cause this is actually an 'app'.
pinga
Laptop, Desktop or tablet? I wouldn't use IE if at all possible, it's pretty universally known as the worst browser out there. The app version of it is even worse than the normal version of it as well.
Laptop. I know but ive already gotten used to it and I want to use W8 as my main OS and IE is the only web browsing app, go figure
pinga
You don't have to use the app version. Go to the start screen and type Internet Explorer the first one should be the desktop version. Use that or download another browser.
Quote by Malchius
You don't have to use the app version. Go to the start screen and type Internet Explorer the first one should be the desktop version. Use that or download another browser.

But I want to use something that's app form, that's my thing. I really don't have any other issues using IE besides this one so I wanted a fix.
pinga
If you have all these silly demands then you're going to have to deal with how the terrible version of your terrible browser on your terrible OS functions.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
^ What he's said. Most app version of things are pretty poor when compared to the desktop versions. It's still fairly new at this point and they haven't ironed out all the issues with apps, either put up with them or use the better alternative.
Downgrade to XP. Haven't had any major issues since I first got it God knowns how many years ago.
XP is the best OS Microsoft have released, I used it until I got Win 8. They are stopping support for it sometime next year which is what prompted me to change.
Quote by Malchius
XP is the best OS Microsoft have released, I used it until I got Win 8. They are stopping support for it sometime next year which is what prompted me to change.

I think W7 is better than XP
Different strokes.

I found Vista and Win 7 to be buggy messes that took up too many resources to just stay idle.
Last edited by Malchius at Nov 17, 2013,
As an IT-guy, my advice is either downgrade to XP or W7, depending on what you want to use your PC for. Also,

I don't understand your desire to use the app versions. The entire point of the apps is touch screen usability. Other than that, it's pointless.
IE isn't the only browser that's in app mode, if you download any other browser and set it as your default it'll give you the option between launching in desktop or app mode. Get Chrome bro