Poll Options
View poll results: Yo
These are words of widom
16 14%
I'm a baby-naming, trans-hater
100 86%
Voters: 116.
Page 1 of 4
Like, when you have a baby that is biologically a male, is it oppressive to name that child a male's name before it has a chance to grow up and decide what sex or gender it wants to be? You're basically forcing it to grow up with a name it doesn't identify and that seems like serious transphobia to me. It's also enforcing gender roles and probably shames women or something, too.

All children should be assigned numerical names until they are old enough to decide what gender they are. End the oppression.

Thoughts?
Check out my band Disturbed
I don't know what you're talking about

Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Most boys names turn into girls names with the passing of time anyway so no.

Example: Shirley, Leslie, Taylor, Danni, etc.
Yeah calling a kid a number whilst all there friends have names will do wonders for their emotional stability.
The birth certificate dictates the baby's gender.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
One day some shithead is going to pose this question in all seriousness.
Quote by Malchius
Yeah calling a kid a number whilst all there friends have names will do wonders for their emotional stability.

Names are a social construct made by white people to marginalize minorities. For example, when you hear the name "Da'Quandrious" are you thinking "neurosurgeon"? Didn't think so.
Quote by Malchius

You're being silly now. He obviously means if every kid was brought up that way.

Which brings up a new issue: That will just give children something more to compare and worry about.

"My number is 5000 bigger than yours!"
"Well my penis is 3 inches bigger than yours"

And then it will become unclear which one is more important, and I'll tell you, I don't think I want to live in that society

Quote by StewieSwan
Names are a social construct made by white people to marginalize minorities. For example, when you hear the name "Da'Quandrious" are you thinking "neurosurgeon"? Didn't think so.

Maybe non-whites should think of better names
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

... and what if your kid is intersexual? You'd basically have to call shklim Yivo.
Quote by eGraham
You're being silly now. He obviously means if every kid was brought up that way.

Which brings up a new issue: That will just give children something more to compare and worry about.

It would still mean that Kid no.1 will think he's superior of Kid no.2674894576, thus giving people superiority complexes because they were born slightly later.
And if you name kids serially, then there's no chance for a negative number child.

Pretty sure MLK dreamed of a world where all numbers regardless of position relative to 0 could live equally.

An absolute value world, if you will.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

No names are inherently male or female, it is how we perceive them to be. Either way, I see names being relevant not as a part of identity or personality, rather it's an optimal way for identifying a person.

As an example, I personally don't really care if people call me by name or if they even know it, my name is relevant only if someone is attempting to pinpoint me in a group of people and there is no patience to address every person personally to ascertain whether or not it's the right one.
I can't really say these are words of "widom" because I don't know the definition of "widom". If it means ridiculousness then, yeah, they are words of "widom".
No because that's stupid. Nature has decided the gender. I'm biologically a white male no matter how hard I may identify myself as a black female in my mind. I'm thinking of calling myself LaFawnda, anyone like?
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Quote by E=MCawesome
I can't really say these are words of "widom" because I don't know the definition of "widom". If it means ridiculousness then, yeah, they are words of "widom".

"S" be another invention of the white man.
I'd imagine by the time the person was old enough to know which gender it "wants" to be, they would be old enough to legally change there name. About all I'm added to this.

(p.s I have no idea how name changing works outside of the US, and if there are places where it's not legally an option)
Name them this:
Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Zeus Wolfe*schlegelstein*hausenberger*dorffvoraltern*waren*gewissenhaft*schaferswessen*schafewaren*wohlgepflege*und*sorgfaltigkeit*beschutzen*von*angreifen*durch*ihrraubgierigfeinde*welche*voraltern*zwolftausend*jahres*vorandieerscheinen*wander*ersteer*dem*enschderraumschiff*gebrauchlicht*als*sein*ursprung*von*kraftgestart*sein*lange*fahrt*hinzwischen*sternartigraum*auf*der*suchenach*diestern*welche*gehabt*bewohnbar*planeten*kreise*drehen*sich*und*wohin*der*neurasse*von*verstandigmen*schlichkeit*konnte*fortplanzen*und*sicher*freuen*anlebens*langlich*freude*und*ruhe*mit*nicht*ein*furcht*vor*angreifen*von*anderer*intelligent*geschopfs*von*hinzwischen*sternartigraum, Senior

Without all the weird asterisks
Also lol at Sr. does this mean there's jr. somewhere?
Last edited by Soccerguy at Nov 17, 2013,
Is it just me or the poll's choices seem to be a little bit biased?

And btw you can't choose your gender, you're born that way with an according name. You can however choose to change sex and change your name I guess.
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
You may just be thinking a little too far into it. Put down the pipe - pass it this way if you like.
If I wanted this kind of stupid shit I'd go on Tumblr.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by shelovemyguitar
Is it just me or the poll's choices seem to be a little bit biased?

So observation

wow
Quote by StewieSwan

So observation

wow

Your post represents my observation of your observation of my sarcasm.
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
Quote by shelovemyguitar
Your post represents my observation of your observation of my sarcasm.

Sarception
Quote by Seref
One day some shithead is going to pose this question in all seriousness.

some shithead indeed

the kid can go get a name change later on if they so desire
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Last edited by vIsIbleNoIsE at Nov 17, 2013,
Gender is a social construct, sex is not.

Quote by Wormholes
I'd imagine by the time the person was old enough to know which gender it "wants" to be, they would be old enough to legally change there name. About all I'm added to this.

So, by about 3 years old? I don't think that's old enough.
I never decided what gender I was going to be. I always loved cars, Lego, video games etc. Maybe around 3-4 years old I knew what the difference was I guess between a car and a barbie doll in terms of what gender prefers what on the majority but giving me the power to name myself?

If that was a rule, I would most likely be called Batman and probably wouldn't be the only one.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by macashmack

So, by about 3 years old? I don't think that's old enough.

Because three year olds totally have a grasp on the understanding of major life decisions. That's why they are allowed to do things like drive and have sex. Oh wait.
Stewie go home. If you are already home go somewhere else.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Wormholes
Because three year olds totally have a grasp on the understanding of major life decisions. That's why they are allowed to do things like drive and have sex. Oh wait.

Transgender people can know that they are not in the right body as early as the age of 3.
Last edited by macashmack at Nov 17, 2013,
Oh ffs.

I hate this newfangled mentality we have regarding gender. Yes, equality is good, but this is just too far.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Page 1 of 4