s1034.photobucket.com/user/tepansantos3/library/?sort=3&page=1

im planning on buying this buy i dont know if this is fake or real
Last edited by tepansantos at Nov 17, 2013,
Quote by AEnesidem
the link doesn't work.

It does work, just copy paste it into the url-bar (or however it's called)
"Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space."
-Douglas Adams
looks very iffy to me (i.e. everything looks wrong, but that's not to say gibson didn't bring out some weird modified version that i don't know about in the 70s or something like that), but i'm no expert.

also it looks to be in pretty terrible condition there, so even if it's not fake i'd be very wary about buying it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Just from googling "Gibson SG Custom", I see that every single one has a different bridge, and block inlays rather than dots. The knobs don't look right, and the top side of the body doesn't appear to have any bevelling. The design on the headstock also doesn't look right - should be shinier.
I'm not a pro at this but I'd guess it's a fake and caution you to stay away from it. But I'd wait and see what other, more knowledgeable users have to say.
Edit: Overall body shape doesn't look right either, the position of the pickup switch seems higher than it should be and the pickguard is different. Pole pieces on the pickups also aren't facing the right directions (although that could just be a pickup swap gone wrong or a weird preference from the previous owner).
Last edited by samjbow at Nov 17, 2013,
Quote by clegtr
It does work, just copy paste it into the url-bar (or however it's called)

It showed "forbidden link" to me.
your going to wanna have a look inside the truss cover and the electronix......even a peek under the pickguard and the pickups.....

some reg. tell-tales of fakes are Three screws on the truss cover, odd head shape and the Gibson logo being a Little off.....the ones in the Pictures seem right

the dot inlays are odd but heres a post with some info

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/33155-197374-sg-standard-with-dot-inlay-fret-board/

take some pics of the guitar, and the things I stated above and send it away to the good folks at Gibson and see if they can assist you...especially if you have a # on it that would help date it and authentisize it
I believe in god, jesus and the holy ghost.....or as i call them Angus, Kirk and Lemmy
doesn't look right at all. not only is it in crap condition, i dont think there should be dot inlays, and where the neck binding where the headstock meets is off.
That just looks WRONG. I'd need a lot of convincing to even be brought up to "probably not fake" level.
Quote by tepansantos

im planning on buying this buy i dont know if this is fake or real

Stop planning to buy this, unless you're exchanging a pack of bubble gum for it.

It's not a Gibson, it's not a Custom, it's in crappy shape, it has a lot of fret wear, it doesn't even look like a decent guitar. Seriously, if you're not paying well under $25 for it and planning to use it as a paddle, leave it alone.