Page 1 of 7

UG'S 2ND ANNUAL SECRET SANTA!

Hey, so following the great success of last year's fun, I thought we might try this again.

This is your standard secret Santa, or secret non-denominational, gender-neutral, end-of-year-present-giving-entity if you prefer. This year it's being started early so we can have more international presents.

If you don't know how this works for some reason, basically everyone's names go into a hat, you pick one out and get them a present. For further info: Clicky

RULES
Ripped off from last year...
  • NO TROLL GIFTS ie, nothing sexual, offensive, or anything that will cause embarrassment to the recipient or raise eyebrows at the dinner table. Keep it G rated, seriously. Not too hard.
  • Serious commitments only
  • Active community members only (no gold diggers, please)
  • Keep up with your PMs via profiles (seriously, we want this shit to work)

In addition to Jay's previous rules:

• All gifts must be sent out latest by Friday 13th of December. I recommend for international shipping you get it done before 1st December, just in case.
  • You will need to pm me when you have sent off your stuff and also the estimated delivery date, if possible.
  • Up to you if you want your gift opened as soon as it arrives or on 25/12/13, let them know on the package.
  • Be considerate of customs limitations where appropriate.
  • If you are sending something aboard as please be aware of customs declaration values! Put down the items as low value or the giftees might get charges to pay!

There is no minimum or maximum gift price limit and it doesn't matter if you make it yourself or order it direct to your recipient from their local store. The only thing that matters is that you have love and joy and happiness in your heart when you give that gift. Okay?

Break any of these rules or pull any kind of dick move and you will get a letterbomb permabanned. If you think you might have an issue, pm me first!

If there isn't looking to be enough people in on this, I'll call it off cause it's not as fun with limited numbers

To join:
Send me a message with your address and if you want to do international shipping or not. (Only those in 'common' UG countries can do only national)

You can totally trust me with your personal information. I am good person of infallible morals.

Confirmed Participants
  • theguitarist - SENT THEIR GIFT
  • K'Nuckles - SENT THEIR GIFT
  • eGraham - SENT THEIR GIFT
  • TunerAddict - SENT THEIR GIFT
  • GazzaCee - SENT THEIR GIFT
  • skylerjames13 - SENT THEIR GIFT
  • AtaBorMan - SENT THEIR GIFT
  • slipknot5678 - SENT THEIR GIFT
  • thenextkirk92 - SENT THEIR GIFT
  • Amuro Jay - SENT THEIR GIFT
  • guitarxo - SENT THEIR GIFT
  • Rockford_rocks - SENT THEIR GIFT
  • DisarmGoliath - SENT THEIR GIFT

GO, GO, GO!

Huge shout out to Jay for starting/organising this last year!

am I allowed to purchase something on amazon and have it ship directly to this person?
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by lushacrous
am I allowed to purchase something on amazon and have it ship directly to this person?

Yes.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
What if I buy the guy something cheap or expensive and then my gift is the opposite? I'd feel bad.
Quote by macashmack
What if I buy the guy something cheap or expensive and then my gift is the opposite? I'd feel bad.
Who would buy something expensive for a random UGer

Unless you know them really well outside of UG
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by behind_you
Who would buy something expensive for a random UGer

Anything over 10 dollars is expensive in my book.
Quote by macashmack

Materialism is the enemy.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by lushacrous

That's what I did last year. Worked perfectly.
I'm in.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I'm not in but I followed last years and lols were had, One of these days I'll have a proper job and I'll be able to afford participating

Good luck everyone
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Did it last year. I'll do it again.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
If I can get some work before the cut off day for entering I'm totally doing this.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If God didn't want people to be gay why did he put a G spot in our asses?
I'm in
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
I already signed up for the one on Reddit. With that, my 5 siblings, mother, and father, I don't know if I can do another.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
List updated with those who gave me addresses.

Quote by genghisgandhi
how much would it cost to ship something somewhere in the UK?

from yourself: ~£3 at most unless you're sending something huge.

off amazon: usually free

off another website: ~£3.50
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Just occurred to me that whoever gets me will know who it is lol
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by K'Nuckles
Am I the only UK participant apart from theguitarist?

No.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I want to do this!

But I won't be around for a while during the delivery period and I've had bad experiences trying to collect things weeks after they were first delivered. Would it be possible for whoever gets me to send it much earlier or later (before dec 20th or after jan 10th)? If not I won't sign up because i think its more fun if everyone gets theirs at around the same time, but I also don't want to to lose my present in some warehouse
cat
I don't really have money so unless I have a good idea soonish I'm sitting this out. But it's super cool and I hope everyone has fun.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by guitarxo
I want to do this!

But I won't be around for a while during the delivery period and I've had bad experiences trying to collect things weeks after they were first delivered. Would it be possible for whoever gets me to send it much earlier or later (before dec 20th or after jan 10th)? If not I won't sign up because i think its more fun if everyone gets theirs at around the same time, but I also don't want to to lose my present in some warehouse

That is entirely possible. Ideally international recipients (ie: you.) would have stuff sent to them by end of November. Most (western) delivery services get things sent international within a week unless it's surface surface mail. You might even get something from your local amazon instead. Please join in

Quote by Hydra150
I don't really have money so unless I have a good idea soonish I'm sitting this out. But it's super cool and I hope everyone has fun.

I will say to anyone worried about cost, you can easily get some trinket for the price of a pint off amazon and send it free delivery, or even make something yourself and chuck a pound or two at delivery. It's okay if money is really an issue though, I remember how it was being a jobless student back in the days.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I let you know soon if I'm in. Don't know if I'll have any money
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Yea, that's what I'll end up doing. But I have to get money for presents for my family and stuff first
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I'd like to do this but I live in New Zealand, which is about as far away as possible from anything as possible :/
edgy meems only friendo :^)
I'm in for international.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Updated. Numbers are looking niiice.

Quote by guitarxo
^^ awesome, I will PM you my details shortly

??
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o