Hey all, Im trying to make some instrumental tunes, think God is an Astronaut/ Hammock/ EITS and Sigur Ros.

Is it possible to do this with fruity loops? All I keep seeing for tutorials on FL are house and trance ones

Or would you recommend something else?

Also, what programs should I use to record guitar for my pc? I have a USB interface by M-Audio but not sure what amp simulators or recording software to use. Cheers!
While it can handle real time audio recording, FL really is built for handling samples and MIDI control. That's why most of the tutorials are for electronic music; that's where it excels for those learning the ropes.
For beginning at what you're aiming for; Reaper . You'd get the same answer from nearly everyone on this and any other board. It's as good as a free software, though it is strongly recommended that you pay for the license should you decide to keep using it.
It's a very powerful tool which can easily be used to produce professional-level material at a fraction of the cost.

As for amp sims, check the sticky up top of this forum as there's a pretty comprehensive list of free and paid software, how to use them and examples of their sound.
IMO, first call should be to the LePou page. Get the LeCab plugin to run cab impulses, and you might as well download all of the head sims just to see which ones you prefer.
GuitarHack created what is probably the largest free collection of cab sims that's widely known.
Then head over to TSE Audio and grab at least the TS808 pedal VST.

That's the main list of what I use and it covers nearly all bases for what I need to record guitar music.
Last edited by SkepsisMetal at Nov 17, 2013,
i use FL Studio. it's certainly possible, and quite easy, to record and program stuff for instrumentals. but i recommend trying Reaper first.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by SkepsisMetal
While it can handle real time audio recording, FL really is built for handling samples and MIDI control. That's why most of the tutorials are for electronic music; that's where it excels for those learning the ropes.
For beginning at what you're aiming for; Reaper . You'd get the same answer from nearly everyone on this and any other board. It's as good as a free software, though it is strongly recommended that you pay for the license should you decide to keep using it.
It's a very powerful tool which can easily be used to produce professional-level material at a fraction of the cost.

As for amp sims, check the sticky up top of this forum as there's a pretty comprehensive list of free and paid software, how to use them and examples of their sound.
IMO, first call should be to the LePou page. Get the LeCab plugin to run cab impulses, and you might as well download all of the head sims just to see which ones you prefer.
GuitarHack created what is probably the largest free collection of cab sims that's widely known.
Then head over to TSE Audio and grab at least the TS808 pedal VST.

That's the main list of what I use and it covers nearly all bases for what I need to record guitar music.

You sir, have won the internet. Thank you very very much!