Hi,
I'm looking for a bass amp (my first bass amp actually), and I'm a bit undecided between this two amps:
-Harley Benton HBW-150
-Behringer BXL3000A

My budget it a bit tight, so the HBW-150 would be better for my pocket, but I also want an amp to play live with my band and that lasts for many years...
Could someone help me please?

Thanks !
Neither of those are really long haul amps. What is your budget? I'm sure we can give you a few better options.
200-300€ maximum. Thks
Last edited by PR16 at Nov 18, 2013,
That's enough for a decent used amp. You can find good stuff for pretty cheap if you are willing to buy used gear.

BTW, I don't want to hijack the thread but I'm also looking for a low budget bass amp, so what's your opinion about the amps I'm looking at: Peavey TNT130 combo for €170 or a Hartke HA3500 + 410XL (or 115XL though I think it's a bit underpowered - the amp is 240 watts at 8 ohms and the cab is only 200 watts, would it be a problem?) for €300-400 (not sure if I can get it for that price)? Which one would you choose? I know what the Peavey sounds like but I have no idea about the Hartke. The Hartke seems to have a bit better features but it's twice the price of the Peavey. And also as I said, I'm familiar with the Peavey but not with the Hartke.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Solution for both of ya: http://www.thomann.de/gb/peavey_tour_tko_115.htm, is also available from other shops. Best amp power-price wise and sounds mighty fine too. Bought one in August and is used both for gigs and practice. Only downside is that it is a bit on the big side.
Quote by Karl Marx
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.
Thank you Spanner93, the sound (on thomann's website) seems clear and nice. I'm just wandering if I can use it on a stage without any problem.
Quote by PR16
Thank you Spanner93, the sound (on thomann's website) seems clear and nice. I'm just wandering if I can use it on a stage without any problem.

Of course you can use it on stage. You can also mic it through the P.A., if the P.A. can handle instruments to go along with the vocals. That one should do well for small to medium gigs, unless your band is into the heavy stuff and plays at high volume levels. And as long as you can mic it, that should compensate for almost any lack of power.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
If you need more power I think you can get a 600w version (TNT115) for about 50 eur more.
Quote by Karl Marx
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.
Quote by Spanner93
If you need more power I think you can get a 600w version (TNT115) for about 50 eur more.

I read somewhere that those are peak 600 watts at 4 ohms and the amp has an 8 ohm speaker... I'm kind of skeptical. Of course that doesn't mean it couldn't be great bang for the buck.

But I'm now pretty sure I'm going to get the old Peavey TNT130 - it's cheaper, made in USA (not China though I don't think it matters that much), doesn't lie about the wattage, and also seems pretty reliable.
Quote by AlanHB

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by MaggaraMarine
I'm going to get the old Peavey TNT130 - (...) doesn't lie about the wattage (...)

Why do you say that?
Quote by PR16
Why do you say that?

Some vendors--aka Behringer, overrate their actual RMS on their amps.
Quote by PR16
Why do you say that?

If people were right about the new Peaveys, they tell you the peak wattage, ie the maximum power. Usually amp wattage is RMS wattage which is less than peak wattage (I'm not completely sure what RMS is but it's a standard - all amps should be rated the same way). Also the Peavey says it's 600 watts at 4 ohms but the speaker in the amp is 8 ohms so you won't get full power unless you have an extension cabinet.

Telling the peak wattage just makes the amp look more powerful than it really is. It's really not lying but it's still kind of being dishonest because people will think they mean RMS watts and also with the speaker the amp has and not with an extension cabinet - you won't achieve that power unless you buy a cabinet. It makes the amp look "better" than it really is.

As I said, I'm not sure if they lie about the power of the new Peaveys (but yeah, it doesn't really say it's 600 RMS watts) but Behringer is known for overrating their amps.
Quote by AlanHB

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Ok, I didn't knew that. Thanks. I think I'll get the Tour TKO 115