I have been playing guitar for about 4ish years. Im looking to buy a quality guitar that will last forever. My main question has to do with guitars to look at. The style of music i play is classic rock/ blues/ some jazz. What guitars can you guys recommend? So far im liking the sg standard, the strat hss standard and the telecaster standard (american). Are they good choices, is it worth it to buy a Les paul for 2500$ or are these good aswell. I have tried there all they are priced at 1200$ Canadian, are they cheaper in good ol' USA?
Canada is about 10,000,000 Square Kilometers, Without A Single Guitar Center!
---
Ibanezrocker13
In the meantime...

Yes, an American Strat or Tele would be a good choice, as might be a LP or SG.

I'd also consider Godin and G&L for Strat-style guitars, and G&L's Tele-styles as well. (And actually, I personally prefer the Godins & G&Ls.)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Ofcourse those a
Gear:
PRS custom 24 (2000)
PodHD500x (cause i'm poor, upgrade soon)
Custom power amp
Homemade 2x12 (celestion V30 + G12H creamback)

HORSES BLEW FIRE (My band)
Budget: 1500$ New, 900 used
Artists: Zeppelin, Rush, AcDc, Guns N'Roses to name a few
I like vintage tone, Jimmy Page is my guitar idol. I guess a Les Paul but Page played his first and greatest albums on a telecaster (not to mention stairway to heaven solo.)
Im looking for guitars that i can find at a local music store... Gibson, Fender, Godin, and maybe Ibanez. I play mostly Blues and rock with a little Jazz
Pickups:. I like humbuckers on my Ibanez RG420 but single coils work too. Most guitarists i listen to use humbuckers.
I perfer used over new but doesnt matter to much... Money is not the end all be all. I live in Lower ontario, close to the Buffalo, New York Border (within 1 hour)
Right now i play through a vox VT40+ as my main amp, with a fender frontman for band practice with a couple friends.

Models i have looked into:
USA Strat
USA Tele
Gibson Sg
Les paul studio... YES I HAVE TRIED THEM ALL
Any other guitars that suit my style in this price range? Give me model numbers please
---
Ibanezrocker13
All great choices!

Check out the Godin Freeway SA and xtSA on the higher end of your budget. Their other guitars are worth a look, too.

The G&L USA ASAT and Strat-styled guitars are quite excellent. They're roughly in the same price range as the Fenders you're looking at, and in some ways, they're better.

I'd also add the lesser known brand, Reverend, to the list.

http://www.reverendguitars.com/category/guitar/
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Nov 18, 2013,
Thanks mate... I wasnt aware that GandL was affiliated with leo fender. Its upsetting that there are no dealers anywhere near me.
---
Ibanezrocker13
Last edited by ibanezrocker13 at Nov 18, 2013,
I also checked out the godins, they are nice aswell... It comes down to playability for me so im going to head over to a few music stores in my area to check it out.
---
Ibanezrocker13
Have you considered any semihollow or hollowbody guitars?

I dont want a hollow body right now... Maybe next time , im looking for a solidbody and for rock some gnr/metallica metal. If it can those genres it probably does solid jazz/blues tone.
---
Ibanezrocker13
I've been looking hard at the new Electra Omegas. They would seem to be a good fit for your needs (and mine, too):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLOa1GpffAs&sns=em

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN87GV7GfRg&sns=em

an SG could do you some good actually. you can find some standards cheaper used here in toronto
I've got an SG and love it for heavy rock but I picked up an Epiphone Riviera P93, semi-hollow body with 3 P90 pickups and a Bigsby and for playing the blues it's WAY better than the SG.
The SG is great for Rock but the semi-hollow body tone it better for the blues at least it is for me.

Greg the Rapid One
Prs?
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
i like the SG tone, im not sure about da electra...
never heard of them actually, im not sure they are sold in Canada
---
Ibanezrocker13
Last edited by ibanezrocker13 at Nov 21, 2013,