i recently broke my strumming hand and the hospital has said that i can't play guitar for at least ten weeks... has anyone had this problem before and if so, will it significantly effect my playing when i manage to get on it again??
Quote by entity0009
This is obviously linked to the increase in teen pregnancy: Dad dicks are getting smaller so they are forced to find younger, tighter mothers.

Quote by willT08
everyone's the main guy in their own story
you'll be fine
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Hydra150
you'll be fine

As long as you let your hand heal properly and fully this is definitely the case.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yeah it'll be fine but let it heal. Your strumming hand may be a bit rusty when you start playing again but it'll come back pretty quickly. You could still practice with your left (assuming your right handed) hand only to keep you going, I guess.
Last edited by WhiteStripesIII at Nov 18, 2013,
I guess this is a good time to hone your legato.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
I'm no doctor, but I have watched a few episodes of ER and I own the entire M*A*S*H series on DVD.

Do not stop playing guitar. You need to work through this. No pain, no gain. If you stop for 10 weeks you will never get back what you lost.

My advice: get a bottle of superglue and affix picks to your fingers. Wrap your hand in an Ace bandage and go at it hard.

It will hurt at first, actually, it will never stop hurting, but you need this.

I would never knowingly lead you in the wrong direction.

Best of luck!
Quote by 5_Years_Dead
I'm no doctor, but I have watched a few episodes of ER and I own the entire M*A*S*H series on DVD.

Do not stop playing guitar. You need to work through this. No pain, no gain. If you stop for 10 weeks you will never get back what you lost.

My advice: get a bottle of superglue and affix picks to your fingers. Wrap your hand in an Ace bandage and go at it hard.

It will hurt at first, actually, it will never stop hurting, but you need this.

I would never knowingly lead you in the wrong direction.

Best of luck!

Really, now?
Sorry, it's all over for you. You will heal, but like a horse with a broken leg, you'll never be the same again. It's time to take you out back and put a bullet in your head. I'm sorry, so sorry
I'd suggest spending the extra time you'll have due to not being able to play the guitar ear training, reading up on theory or doing something else that helps your guitar playing without actually requiring you to be holding a guitar.
yeah i think i'll just be reading and ear training for the next couple of weeks
Quote by entity0009
This is obviously linked to the increase in teen pregnancy: Dad dicks are getting smaller so they are forced to find younger, tighter mothers.

Quote by willT08
everyone's the main guy in their own story