Ok so I need a new amp head cause my old one isn't cutting it. I have a Marshall micro stack and I know the speakers can be louder, you'd think that 2 1x10 speakers would be able to cut thru drums. I've been looking into a Randall rx120rh and an Acoustic g120h dsp. I play with a post-hardcor/melodic hardcore band and mainly use amp distortion. Which one would you guys recommend and why?
Quote by jonathan92
schecter damien 7 is one monster of a guitar.

[Proud owner of a Schecter Damien 7]
What us your budget.

You have already stated everything else.

Above all else aside from volume what else do you feel your current rig is lacking?
250$ is my budget, I can strech it to 350$ but thats cutting it close. The distortion is lacking that heavy punch to it, but I can easily use a distortion pedal to fix it, although I really like amp distortion. The clean tone is fine, I've had people tell me that my clean is so good it sounds like an acoustic.
Quote by jonathan92

To me it seems you might have to get a new amp.

210 should be cutting trough if you ask me, maybe its just the amp.

What kind of amp is it, is it the Mg micro stack? Or the marshall haze micro stack?
it's an mg series and I've had it for over 3 years. The speakers are fine, I've checked them. It's definetly the head. I think I could get it repaired or just get a new head and getting a new head I would be on my way to getting cab sometime after.
Quote by jonathan92

Uuuh, up for the valveking!

Also for that kind of money, maybe you could use a JCA22H with some serious boost or a vypyr tube 60.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by cdr_salamander
+1

That's a lot of amp for that price.

+1,000,000

Either that or a used Valveking combo.

And you are set to go.

If you really would want tough this is also a great option. The JCA20 watt head.

Looks very smart and has that marshall vibe going to it probly better than your marshall

Looks very smart too.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/jet-city-amplification-jca20h-20w-tube-guitar-amp-head
Last edited by Dunning~Kruger at Nov 18, 2013,
Plus with the JCA 20H you could use your current set up and not have to worry about gettin another cab or speakers.

It is tube driven, has an Fx loop and is designed by Soldano, winning all around.

It will definately cut trough a drummer, and not just that but look at how cool it is as well .
The JCA 20h sounds like a winner to me, but that deal is really good. In the end the JCA is the best choice imo, cause it's still a step up and I won't have to worry about blowing out my speakers
Quote by jonathan92

Quote by Robert353
The JCA 20h sounds like a winner to me, but that deal is really good. In the end the JCA is the best choice imo, cause it's still a step up and I won't have to worry about blowing out my speakers

Yup Yup.

Pretty much this and we are on the same page about this.

The valveking is a great amp OP but for your needs I think the JCA20H would be better and you really are not loosing anything over too the valveking aside from clean headroom.

I think many people here would go for a JCA20H or JCA50 combo over their valveking counterparts.

Great amp and let us now how it goes when your NAD comes in brother
Yeah, of course man. Thank you guys for all your help it's much appreciated.
Quote by jonathan92

Have a look at the JCA22H too if you feel like you could use two channels for not a lot of money more.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
Have a look at the JCA22H too if you feel like you could use two channels for not a lot of money more.

This so much, you also get a "high gain" channel, and then the normal JCA20 as channel one, so if you want something a bit heavier than what the JCA20 can dish out, the 22 may be the one.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.