Page 1 of 3
I've been thinking about it and 2013 is a pretty cool time in history, at least as far as the 1st world goes. I mean there are tons of problems in society for sure but for the most part, they ultimately aren't a big deal for the majority. Nothing like the shit in the past people had to deal with until recently. We're right in the middle of a bunch of cool stuff, a happy and exciting medium. There are many cool social movements going on, music has never been like it is now, technology is kickass but doesn't really screw anything up yet..

And I feel like the future has a lot of cool shit in store, but I also feel the dystopian scary futures are totally possible too with where we're going. I mean I don't really agree with the whole "degradation of society" idea but it really is like we're just carefree about a lot of things that could mean a lot of bad shit for the future, like using resources willy-nilly and for the most part not doing anything about obvious invasions of privacy that could pave the way for extreme stuff. Idk it feels like we're in ignorant bliss, and ignorant that we're kinda in bliss, at least as far as the big picture of everything goes.

Discuss. 2013 is the best right?
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by JustRooster
I'll buy a wine from 2013 sometime years from now and remember this thread.

Me too. Me too.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
I actually bought wine from this year because it is my hometown's bicentennial and they're known for making wine.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I went on my first trip alone this year, New York City for two weeks, for work. I was pretty nervous about it, but it was a fantastic time.

2013!
Yeah I think it's a pretty interesting time in history. But I'm biased cuz I'm alive.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
i liked 2009 better

I can't quite bring myself to be optimistic about the state of the world or our future at this time in my life. The rich seem to be in this never-ending rat race to get ahead of one another, while everyone else uses all of their energy just to scrape by. I know I'm over-simplifying, but that is how I feel right now being a lower-middle class American in college.

And I disagree about technology not screwing anything up. I think we place way too much importance on stupid shit like new iPhones and powerful computers, and obviously that is not going to change any time soon.
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Nov 18, 2013,
Quote by WCPhils
2012 was better

Too many ******s and History channel documentaries going on about the world ending.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
I've been thinking about it and 2013 is a pretty cool time in history, at least as far as the 1st world goes. I mean there are tons of problems in society for sure but for the most part, they ultimately aren't a big deal for the majority. Nothing like the shit in the past people had to deal with until recently. We're right in the middle of a bunch of cool stuff, a happy and exciting medium. There are many cool social movements going on, music has never been like it is now, technology is kickass but doesn't really screw anything up yet..

And I feel like the future has a lot of cool shit in store, but I also feel the dystopian scary futures are totally possible too with where we're going. I mean I don't really agree with the whole "degradation of society" idea but it really is like we're just carefree about a lot of things that could mean a lot of bad shit for the future, like using resources willy-nilly and for the most part not doing anything about obvious invasions of privacy that could pave the way for extreme stuff. Idk it feels like we're in ignorant bliss, and ignorant that we're kinda in bliss, at least as far as the big picture of everything goes.

Seriously dude?

The US is gazillions in debt.

Interest rates are really low, Japan is in deflation, so is Spain, Portugal, and Greece. The last three have got about 50% unemployment for under 24 years olds and the average wage is around 1000 dollars per month.

Wages are not keeping up with inflation.

Old people are not retiring. They lived through the most prosperous time of the last 100 years and they failed to put enough money aside, now they have to work longer and young people have to wait longer for jobs.

We are screwed.

We are working more, for less money than our parents.

And we don't even have enough babies being made to work for our pensions when we are in retiring age. And what do politicians spend their time and energy on? Goddamn gay marriage. Who gives a shitty fuck?

Make no mistake. It doesn't matter who the bands of our generation are. It doesn't matter who our Ghandi or John Lennon is. We are screwed.

Our only redeeming factor is the internet, technology (which hopefully gives us a better quality of life in the future) and the slow change to renewable energy. Everything else is to cry for.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Seriously dude?

Interest rates are really low, Japan is in deflation, so is Spain, Portugal, and Greece. The last three have got about 50% unemployment for under 24 years olds and the average wage is around 1000 dollars per month.

Old people are not retiring. They lived through the most prosperous time of the last 100 years and they failed to put enough money aside, now they have to work longer and young people have to wait longer for jobs.

We are screwed.

And we don't even have enough babies being made to work for our pensions when we are in retiring age. And what do politicians spend their time and energy on? Goddamn gay marriage. Who gives a shitty fuck?

Make no mistake. It doesn't matter who the bands of our generation are. It doesn't matter who our Ghandi or John Lennon is. We are screwed.

Our only redeeming factor is the internet, technology (which hopefully gives us a better quality of life in the future) and the slow change to renewable energy. Everything else is to cry for.
lol, cry more
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
lol, cry more

And you guys are still fighting over Obamacare as well.

Hell, the whole Obama movement was a disappointment.
Quote by Philip_pepper
And you guys are still fighting over Obamacare as well.

Hell, the whole Obama movement was a disappointment.

Oh man, and I totally thought Obama was going to drastically alter my life!!!!!
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
I can't quite bring myself to be optimistic about the state of the world or our future at this time in my life. The rich seem to be in this never-ending rat race to get ahead of one another, while everyone else uses all of their energy just to scrape by. I know I'm over-simplifying, but that is how I feel right now being a lower-middle class American in college.

And I disagree about technology not screwing anything up. I think we place way too much importance on stupid shit like new iPhones and powerful computers, and obviously that is not going to change any time soon.

Well that's kinda how it's always been. And yeah as a college student that's how you see the country. But that's college, most people really are doing okay economically. I live on about the lowest income possible above minimum wage and we aren't exactly starving.

Quote by Philip_pepper

Yeah, but it doesn't really matter right now. That's part of what I'm saying, we're probably gonna have to face the consequences for that at some point but who cares right now we're spending and not even caring.
Quote by Philip_pepper

I'm not really talking about these places at all tbh

Quote by Philip_pepper

Yeah but again most of us are okay for now

Quote by Philip_pepper

Yeah they are. I know a lot of people that just retired. But this isn't really a big picture problem of society anyway

Quote by Philip_pepper
We are screwed.

Maybe, that's again what I'm saying. We're doing okay now though

Quote by Philip_pepper

ehh what
Quote by Philip_pepper

ugh, **** off
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by WCPhils

2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Philip Pepper posts a post about economics and politics:

You're an idiot.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Last edited by Anthony1991 at Nov 18, 2013,
Quote by Anthony1991
Philip Pepper posts a post about economics and politics:

You're an idiot.

Me? Yeah probably but that only took like 10 seconds anyway
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by Philip_pepper

lol

no one wants to confront this for whatever reason, but technology (including the Internet) is singlehandedly the reason why the world is in economic turmoil.

We are in a painful transition to the next era where technology frees us of obligations to have jobs and careers. Right now technology is just eating away at them.

PS the US national debt is actually decreasing. You should shut your mouth, permanently.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Me? Yeah probably but that only took like 10 seconds anyway

I barely read any of it. I can just hear the beret sitting on top of his head as he reads 1984 with crossed legs thinking that he now has the equivalent understanding of the world as Orwell. His posts always resemble a Fox broadcast, except that it's left-wing conspiracy rather than right.

Quote by Xiaoxi
lol

no one wants to confront this for whatever reason, but technology (including the Internet) is singlehandedly the reason why the world is in economic turmoil.

We are in a painful transition to the next era where technology frees us of obligations to have jobs and careers. Right now technology is just eating away at them.

PS the US national debt is actually decreasing. You should shut your mouth, permanently.

Okay that's it, i'm leaving the thread. The internet is a far greater boon than a hindrance. Any gorilla can figure out that tech costs money to buy and run, therefore working achieves the desired result. Granted the end result may be a life of under-achievement, but that won't bring down the economy.

The fault lines of the economy traces back to poor credit allocation, management, and payment. Not to mention the regulation of banks and company policies.

Not to sound like an even bigger dick, but if you're going to get in on this complex conversation do some proper reading about it or take a course. You don't just 'get' this situation just from the ****ing news or reading newspapers.

And that's not aimed entirely at you, but anyone that's decided to start posting about this in a cluster**** manner without grasping how economies, business, or policy actually works.

You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Last edited by Anthony1991 at Nov 18, 2013,
Nope.

I'm 27, still stuck in a required, non-paid internship, so i can take the bar exams to become a lawyer. My bank account is a joke, so i'm still pretty much fully dependant on my parents.

My future prospects aren't nearly as good as my parents' were when they were younger than i am now.
I'll probably never earn as much money as they do (and they earned even more before the whole economic crisis started).

A few years ago, people my age were starting families. Nowadays, we all hang out on weekends like if we were all still in university.
Wanna know a funny thing? Many of my friends actually are. Since they didn't find a job with their degree, they decided to go to university again, to get a degree on a different area.

So basically, no. 2013 sucks. Every year will suck until the big fat cats and the politicians realize that they're screwing the lives of everyone else. Which i believe will be in the afternoon of St. Never's day.

Quote by Philip_pepper
(...)

We are screwed.

We are working more, for less money than our parents.(...)

Philip really hit the nail in the head with this.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Philip is hitting nothing other than his own hand. Don't take his generalist statements worthy of a blog from a militant 16 year old sitting in his dad's basement (which, ironically, sits on below three more stories), as worthwhile.

And now i'm done, someone else can deal with the stupidity in the thread.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by Linkerman

If you really think that, it's no wonder you're having a hard time becoming a lawyer.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Calm your inflamed tits people.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
I've been thinking about it and 2013 is a pretty cool time in history, at least as far as the 1st world goes.

Really ? Let's see.
I mean there are tons of problems in society for sure but for the most part, they ultimately aren't a big deal for the majority. Nothing like the shit in the past people had to deal with until recently.

Very subjective, dangerous to claim.
We're right in the middle of a bunch of cool stuff, a happy and exciting medium. There are many cool social movements going on, music has never been like it is now, technology is kickass but doesn't really screw anything up yet..

Radio was exciting in the 20s/30s, TV was exciting in the 50s/60s, gaming was exciting in the 70s/80s and the internet was exciting in the 90s/2000s.

Point is that there's always been something exciting about a decade. Omitted the 40s for obvious reasons, yet the rebuilding of Europe and not being at war anymore was exciting enough from late '45 on. Nothing special about today or tomorrow.

And I feel like the future has a lot of cool shit in store, but I also feel the dystopian scary futures are totally possible too with where we're going.

Don't worry, history is full of dystopian fears that lead to nothing (because it was baseless and unnecessary) or revo-/devolution for the better of society. We're still working through 1984 and A Brave New World though.

I mean I don't really agree with the whole "degradation of society" idea but it really is like we're just carefree about a lot of things that could mean a lot of bad shit for the future, like using resources willy-nilly and for the most part not doing anything about obvious invasions of privacy that could pave the way for extreme stuff.
Opinions are a luxury. Schools tend to forget that.
It's usually the radicals who call the rest of society "degraded", when they are the ones playing the outcast.
We can use all the resources we like. We can deplete them, we can substitute them, and we will eventually renew them for further application. What people have a problem with is that they don't want to live with the consequences, because nobody wants their garden to turn yellow of deserts, or blue of oceans. At the same time, there's people who are willing to use less resources, but they have no power over the market so long as they are a minority, and with the media being the media: it's going to be hard to herd the sheep away from the cliff.

Idk it feels like we're in ignorant bliss, and ignorant that we're kinda in bliss, at least as far as the big picture of everything goes.

I disagree. To me it seems to be the exact opposite, and a bit different. More than ever are people complaining about the most meticulous things, while being afraid to insult others because god forbid they retort and kick your petty arguements into the ground.
People have become afraid to face reality. A bunch of idiots getting paid to destroy their liver every day in a nightclub are more interesting to watch than learning methods of maintaining a surplus budget.

If you ever want to know what people are really like, have a look at the internet. Not ON the internet, but AT the internet. It's the home of scumbags and ******s, of arseholes and cunts, of self-righteous ignorant overly-opinionated idiots and, for some reason, honest people. Yes, there are good people on the internet, who do good things and appreciate good discussion, but they are drowned out by a major lack of IQ flooding the internet with shitty memes and 'OC'. Thank anonimity for allowing that to happen.

So, if I may conclude: not necessarily.

TL;DR: rantrantrant
Quote by Anthony1991

Okay that's it, i'm leaving the thread. The internet is a far greater boon than a hindrance. Any gorilla can figure out that tech costs money to buy and run, therefore working achieves the desired result. Granted the end result may be a life of under-achievement, but that won't bring down the economy.

The fault lines of the economy traces back to poor credit allocation, management, and payment. Not to mention the regulation of banks and company policies.

Those are also factors, but these are cyclical. The increase of automation is not.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Linkerman
Nope.

I'm 27, still stuck in a required, non-paid internship, so i can take the bar exams to become a lawyer. My bank account is a joke, so i'm still pretty much fully dependant on my parents.

My future prospects aren't nearly as good as my parents' were when they were younger than i am now.
I'll probably never earn as much money as they do (and they earned even more before the whole economic crisis started).

A few years ago, people my age were starting families. Nowadays, we all hang out on weekends like if we were all still in university.
Wanna know a funny thing? Many of my friends actually are. Since they didn't find a job with their degree, they decided to go to university again, to get a degree on a different area.

So basically, no. 2013 sucks. Every year will suck until the big fat cats and the politicians realize that they're screwing the lives of everyone else. Which i believe will be in the afternoon of St. Never's day.

I didn't know you were the entire world.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by lolmnt
I didn't know you were the entire world.

You're right, but it's true for half of Europe. The Med countries are near hopeless. Don't even wanna know how the eastern bloc gets by.

Also, how come you guys go to university and coming out of it full of debt, joining the working world of a kinda shite economy, hoping to pay off all that debt and still manage to think 2013 is A-Ok?

Quote by WCPhils

Well, you guys sure seemed to be jacking each other off in 2008.
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Nov 18, 2013,
Quote by Lord_Doku

TV was exciting in the 50s/60s, gaming was exciting in the 70s/80s and the internet was exciting in the 90s/2000s

Shut up grampa
Quote by Philip_pepper

Also, how come you guys go to university and coming out of it full of debt, joining the working world of a kinda shite economy, hoping to pay off all that debt and still manage to think 2013 is A-Ok?

I graduated with a music degree no less, came out with $36,000 in debt. That was last May. I'm about to finish paying it off in about 3-4 months. 2013 pretty gr8

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Page 1 of 3