Right, this is the "problem".
I have a fender highway one stratocaster SSS and have used the guitar for some years now, but yesterday I bought a Squire Pro Tone Strat. I want one of them two have humbucking pickups, but I'm not sure which best suits humbuckers. The Squire has an ash body with vintage frets, and the highway one has an alder body with medium jumbo frets.

At the moment, my highway one has three gold lace sensor pickups, but I'm sure they don't sound too good. I think they sound somewhat mellow with little dynamic range - is this just me or is this how they are known to be? Using distortion on them sounds really strange through an Orange Rockerverb 50, however, they sound ok through clean although a little dull and dynamic-less. I really wanted a bright punchy sound similar to the strat tone from 'Under the Bridge' by RHCP. Are the Lollar Vintage Tweed pickups any good to achieve this?

Hope you can help me!
i haven't tried lace sensors (or lollars).

i'd have thought the highway one would suit humbuckers as it's a more modern spec strat- it's also more likely to already be routed for humbuckers which is pretty much the deal-breaker here.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have no idea (for either question)

Best bet might be to ask in the G B&C forum
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by MCR95

Not 100% sure but things to check are string spacing and body depth. Depth wise the Highway 1 is probably fine, the Squire may be too thin. Typical MIM and Asian strat string spacing is 2-1/16" (52.4 mm), that block says 56.5 mm which may be vintage spec.