So I need a new mp3 player. I don't want an ipod and I need a fair amount of space (like 64gb at least) which seems to be causing issues in what's around.

Anyone have any good recommendations? Atm I have a Phillips one that takes an Sd card but it only takes up to a 32gb card.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Lame. It's really frustrating, here at least, ipods have killed the competition. If you want anything over 8gb there's only ipods available through most large retailers.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Why not just bite the bullet and buy an Ipod? I can't stand apple but I won't deny that my Ipod Classic is reliable as hell. You don't even have to use itunes, there are thousands of programs that let you sync your Ipod without it.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
I got a Zune for dirt cheap and it's pretty great, used 120GB ones go for pretty cheap in the US. I like it better than my old iPod, but I hated the clickwheel on the iPod anyway.
Quote by Helloween4Ever
Why not just bite the bullet and buy an Ipod? I can't stand apple but I won't deny that my Ipod Classic is reliable as hell. You don't even have to use itunes, there are thousands of programs that let you sync your Ipod without it.

I've had them in the past, I didn't like them and they're obscenely priced here.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Yeah, thread hijacking here but I'm also interested in an mp3 player. The problem is I don't know any cheap, reliable mp3 players. So:
- At least 8gb
- Nice quality microphone built in
- FM radio
- Small and durable.

If you could throw any brand names that'd be awesome.

And OP, have you thought about an mp3 with sd memory card slots? Then you could have those 64gb. (I don't want one with an sd slot, because 8gb is enough)
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Nov 18, 2013,
Zunes aren't that terrible. They're kind of like the Taco Bell of fast food.
Sail upon the open skies
I recently got myself a Cowon i10 32gb.

Loving it, the sound quality is beyond amazing, it's quite comfortable in my pocket..

The interface is a bit strange, but to be honest, once I got used to it, it's quite a joy to use.

But I don't know if they have a 64gb model.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise