So my trust pair of Sony studio monitor MDR-7506 Dynamic Stereo Headphones shit the bed two days ago while I was recording and I'm kind of sad. They had a good 5-6 year run.

However, I'm not that sad, because they had no bass. They sounded nice and clear and trebles were great, but the bass was basically nonexistent

So, pitdwellers, I come to thee in search of a new pair of headphones with some balls that are comfy and under $200
And not too much bass. For instance, I thing Beats by Dr. Dre suck soooo badly because those have too much bass.
I want to hear everything with my new headphones.

Thanks!
YOU SHOULD GET G930s

I DONT KNOW HOW THEY COMPARE BUT THEY AMAZING

Source: Me, owning the headset for 30 minutes now
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Which ones? The ones The Bird gave?

The Bird, did you even try those out? Or are you just looking at reviews?

I'm trying to go off personal experiences here from real people that I know don't work for the companies selling the headphones
Quote by behind_you
YOU SHOULD GET G930s

I DONT KNOW HOW THEY COMPARE BUT THEY AMAZING

Source: Me, owning the headset for 30 minutes now

glad you like them
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by SunshineMusicO

I'm trying to go off personal experiences here from real people that I know don't work for the companies selling the headphones

I've owned mine for probably 6 months now I believe. I've had no issues or complaints with them so far. Very well balanced in my opinion, and considering the price they're a great deal.
I use a pair of Shure SRH750DJ's. I find that they give me a high quality sound, and I found them at a Guitar Center for $189.
I got a pair of Shure SR440's and I love them. I've had them for about half a year and they are really good (I'm a bass player but they sound good with guitars and vocals)
Audio Technica ATH- M50's /Sennheiser HD 280's/ AKG MKII (not sure if that's under $200)

I own the M50's and i am positively in like with them. Have had them since almost a year now. Perfect for rock/metal music and especially good for tracking. I've done some mixing on them but like any other headphone, you've got to get used to it.
Quote by SunshineMusicO

The Panasonics are great, I've had them for nearly 2 years now I'm pretty sure. Best I've heard and they're in perfect shape still. Have heard nothing but good things from others too.

As for the Sennheisers, you pretty much can't go wrong with Sennheisers over $20, and those are especially good deals on them.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by SunshineMusicO
So my trust pair of Sony studio monitor MDR-7506 Dynamic Stereo Headphones shit the bed two days ago while I was recording and I'm kind of sad. They had a good 5-6 year run.

However, I'm not that sad, because they had no bass. They sounded nice and clear and trebles were great, but the bass was basically nonexistent

So, pitdwellers, I come to thee in search of a new pair of headphones with some balls that are comfy and under $200
And not too much bass. For instance, I thing Beats by Dr. Dre suck soooo badly because those have too much bass.
I want to hear everything with my new headphones.

Thanks!

I have DR.dre headphones and they are amazing! I love the sound quality also my dad has AKG and they seem to be pretty good as well
I want to ask them

if they don't remember

a moment face to face

in some revolving door?
-------------------------------------------
Last edited by fifacoins at Nov 19, 2013,
They'd be amazed to hear

that Chance has been toying with them

now for years.
-------------------------------------------
need more info. what do you listen to, what system are you intending to use it on, do you want open/closed back etc.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Sony XB500 are the best value headphones I've ever owned. Some reviews say they're flimsy. I've had mine for 5 years and didn't take very good care of them and they still work perfectly.
Quote by Random3
Audio Technica ATH-M50s. Do it.

Don't know about that particular set but I've heard that they can be very uncomfortable to wear for extended periods. Doesn't matter how great they sound if they make you feel like shit wearing them.

I have Sennheiser HD 595's and I'm pretty sure they are approaching $200 nowadays? They've lasted me years and years. They seemingly offer what you want. They are very neutral. Some people like that some people don't. From what you said in yr OP sounds like you are in the 'like' category. I'm not really 'in the know' about this stuff since I have no need or desires to buy anything new so don't listen to me.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Don't know about that particular set but I've heard that they can be very uncomfortable to wear for extended periods. Doesn't matter how great they sound if they make you feel like shit wearing them.

I have never heard that anywhere, and I can say from experience I have worn mine for hours without fatigue.
Quote by Random3
I have never heard that anywhere, and I can say from experience I have worn mine for hours without fatigue.

I didn't mention fatigue once?
Quote by Thrashtastic15

I've had the MTH-50's for 1 year. The only discomfort I felt was after wearing them for 6 hours on a plane. I've worn them for longer periods of time without discomfort, so I guess it was an issue with having the headband too big or small. They're worth the price, and I doubt you will experience any discomfort.
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-449-Headphones-Black/dp/B005N8W214/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1384871594&sr=8-5&keywords=Sennheiser+hd+429

Under $100, absolutely fantastic. Sound quality is great, and very comfortable. Had them for about a year or so now.
Beats do suck, I have Skullcandy Hesh headphones, got them for 90 bucks and they're great.
Amp:
Vox AC30
Guitars:
Fender Telecaster, Fender Jaguar
Keyboards:
Roland Juno 106, Nord Lead 2X, Yamaha DX7
Drums:
Roland TR-707
Another vote for the Audio Technica ATH-M50s from me - love mine! One of my housemates has some Sennheiser HDs (can't remember the model number but same price point) and they were also very good but I do prefer my M50s ever so slightly.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
AKG Q701s, as long as you have the proper amp to drive them, they whipe the floor with everything else in this range for neutral headphones
Generally if you're willing to put forth a little bit of coin (I'm still talking under 200) Sennheiser and Audio Technica tend to be your two best bets. Look at the reviews and see what people tend to like

I have a pair of Audio Technicas I rarely use because I'm just not a fan of taking them with me all over the place. They sound amazing, though. They cost about 80 and I'll look at the model when I get back home
Quote by theking4everr
Audio Technica ATH- M50's /Sennheiser HD 280's/ AKG MKII (not sure if that's under $200)

I own the M50's and i am positively in like with them. Have had them since almost a year now. Perfect for rock/metal music and especially good for tracking. I've done some mixing on them but like any other headphone, you've got to get used to it.

This guy knows what he's talking about. Can't comment on the AKG but the Sennheisers or Audio Technicas are the way to go. I'm very happy with my Sennheiser HD280 Pro's, nice flat response, very clear
Thanks yall!
I looked into Grado and I don't think they're for me. Seems like a cool brand though

I think I'm leaning towards ATs...!
at that price and if you want some bass, the ATH-M50s are hard to beat. I prefer the AKG K702s and Sennheiser HD598s as I prefer a wider, open soundstage opposed to the closed in soundstage you get with closedback sets. They give you more clarity and detail, but it'll make you hate MP3s and YouTube at times. But those will also cost you an arm and a leg to drive properly.
Last edited by pugachev at Nov 20, 2013,
Quote by Dregen
your mom had a good pair of headphones and she was for free

Your mum's more like an iPod. I got to play with her after plugging myself in.