I've recently (re)watched "April Captains", a movie based on the Portuguese Carnation Revolution. It's quite badass, even though there is no bloodshed (at least for me because I understand what they're saying and it really happened).

So pit, what are some awesome/epic movies worth mentioning? And I don't mean just a plain action movie, I wanted to watch something based on real events.

Here's a bit of a fan made trailer for "April Captains":
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Nov 19, 2013,
Battleship Potemkin

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I Am Cuba
The Battle of Chile
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Nice suggestions, too bad they're not easily accessible. Gotta search for a bit
And Hydra, what is the meaning of this? Such Buble...
The Revolution Will Not Be Televised
The Battle of Algiers
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Quote by Minicaxotinho
I've recently (re)watched "April Captains", a movie based on the Portuguese Carnation Revolution. It's quite badass, even though there is no bloodshed.

And that's why we're in the crapper right now.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
"The Baader Meinhof Complex"

"Reds"

"United Red Army"

"Conspiracy: Trial of the Chicago 8" This was a made for HBO movie in the 80's. Very good film. All dialog was taken directly from the court transcripts. It's on YouTube (probably the only place you can find it..)

Last edited by jugglingfreak at Nov 20, 2013,
Quote by Minicaxotinho
And lol Linkerman

Brothers in misery.

Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Bahrain: Shouting in the Dark.

EDIT: removed the video cus I remembered it's incredibly violent. It's free to watch on youtube.

This was made by the only team of journalists that avoided being expelling from Bahrain during an uprising. It's amazing.
Last edited by psyks at Nov 20, 2013,

Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I can't think of the one I had in mind. It was a nonstop anything goes ruthless free-for-all, endless brutality, historical stuff, etc.

meh, it will probably come to mind later.
Pan's Labyrinth.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
There's that new one, Return To Homs, which is about this guy who used to play keeper in the Syrian national football squad and turned to writing revolutionary poems and later on manslaughter to save his own (and his mates') skin.

That's the most recent documentary about the most recent revolution-of-which-we-don't-know-it-will-be-remembered-that-way.