Hi, first post and first Jackson. I scored a Japanese Jackson Kelly Std. body for a decent price with broken neck. I have searched around for replacement necks, and found a few on Ebay i like. Will a Dxmg or Dkmg neck fit the pocket of the old Kellys? There same heel width and scale. Im worried about lining up the bolt holes as the older Kelly's uses ferrules and the newer Jackson's use neck plates. Is this a straight over swap? or do i have to drill new holes in neck for mounting it, and would it intonate? I would really love the reverse headstock, bindings and sharkies...Thanks
Quote by Scumdog
Hi, first post and first Jackson. I scored a Japanese Jackson Kelly Std. body for a decent price with broken neck. I have searched around for replacement necks, and found a few on Ebay i like. Will a Dxmg or Dkmg neck fit the pocket of the old Kellys? There same heel width and scale. Im worried about lining up the bolt holes as the older Kelly's uses ferrules and the newer Jackson's use neck plates. Is this a straight over swap? or do i have to drill new holes in neck for mounting it, and would it intonate? I would really love the reverse headstock, bindings and sharkies...Thanks

If they are both bolt-on necks then yes, but if your Kelly is set neck (which most are) you can not put a bolt-on neck on that body.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
If they are both bolt-on necks then yes, but if your Kelly is set neck (which most are) you can not put a bolt-on neck on that body.

Not really true... Only like 2 models are neck through (not set neck)
Almost all of htem are bolt on, exept the newer models and all USA Models.
Quote by Explorerbuilder
Not really true... Only like 2 models are neck through (not set neck)
Almost all of htem are bolt on, exept the newer models and all USA Models.

I'm not real familiar with them, the ones I have seen are set/neck-thru.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Its not a neck through. Only version of the early 90's Kellys with the neck through was the Kelly Pro. It does have a 2 1/4 inch heel if i measured it right, same scale and fret length. I'm worried that the ferrules screws wont line up with the screw holes on a Dxmg neck that uses a neck plate. The screws measure 2 inch from center for the screws up and down. side to side the screws measures 1 3/8 inches to center of screws. Anybody out there have a Dxmg they can measure for me id be much obliged, I want to get this axe up and rolling...thanks
Attachments:
GetAttachment (3).jpg
if they don't line up,
put wooden dowels in the neck holes
Then re-drill the holes when the neck is setting in place, and your fixed.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate