My question is
Can John Petrucci play 8 fingers tapping
believe JP can play it if he want to. But how many daysa máster like JP needs to develop this technique
You'll have to ask John Petrucci, sadly I think he's permabanned for posting the pear...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by beckhauser
John Petrucci play hardest stuffs than 8 fingers tappings

Cool I guess? Thing is that these things are only harder if you can't do them.

Slightly more to the point: it doesn't matter if Petrucci can 8 finger tap or not. He doesn't use it, that's all that actually matters.

Mr Seagull, can we get a lock on this, please?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
not yet no, i'm not bored yet

Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

So far as I know, the originator (or at least the first to achieve any notoriety) of this technique was Stanley Jordan, who developed this technique in the 70s and sort of burst on the scene with his album Magic Touch in the mid-80s.
There are many YouTube videos.... His arrangement of Elanor Rigby got very heavy airplay back then.
Quote by Bikewer
So far as I know, the originator (or at least the first to achieve any notoriety) of this technique was Stanley Jordan, who developed this technique in the 70s and sort of burst on the scene with his album Magic Touch in the mid-80s.
There are many YouTube videos.... His arrangement of Elanor Rigby got very heavy airplay back then.

Thanks, that post includes everything i ever wanted to know about John Petrucci and his ability or inability to 8 finger tap.
Quote by GuitarFreak1387
Thanks, that post includes everything i ever wanted to know about John Petrucci and his ability or inability to 8 finger tap.

Contains about as much useful information as the thread ever had potential for
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I undertand you pint but I think 8 fingers tapping is not that hard to JP cause I saw him playiong 6 fingers tapping easily.
bored now, please don't make threads like this - stick to specific questions about guitar technique please.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

I spoke to petrucci, and he said that he doesn't do 8 finger tapping, because he can do 20 finger tapping with all of his fingers on both hands and with all of his fingers on his feet at the same time as well while he levitates in the air, and it's so fast and can cause doomsday. That's why he doesn't do it.