Poll: What browser do you use?
Poll Options
View poll results: What browser do you use?
Internet Explorer
5 3%
Chrome
95 56%
Firefox
53 31%
Safari
11 7%
Opera
1 1%
Other(specify)
4 2%
Voters: 169.
Page 1 of 3
Hi all! So I have this class about making websites and a lot of code is browser dependent and quite redundant. I've read some charts about who uses what, but I believe they may be inaccurate due to the fact that a HTML site collects who visits their site, not normal sites like Facebook, etc. I wanted to get real-people results, what's better than UG?

So, I've made a poll to ask what browser are you using?
The Wolf in the mirror staring back at me.
lel
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Chrome, because Opera went strange a few major patches ago. Now Chrome craps out on occasion.
Chrome's great, but yeah Opera should be dead by now considering it's almost as old as Netscape *shivers*
Really? I have a school laptop with 896MB of RAM and it runs FF just fine.
I just am hoping nobody says something like "I use IE because I think it runs great on my Windoz 8 laptablet hurdry hurr"
Use Chrome on my Nexus, IE at work.

Not touched my laptop in months but used Firefox on there.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Has IE gotten any better since Windows 7? I just simply refuse to upgrade since I don't want the new version unless I have a touch screen... which is not going to happen.
Quote by EchoFox
Has IE gotten any better since Windows 7? I just simply refuse to upgrade since I don't want the new version unless I have a touch screen... which is not going to happen.

IE is "fine" now

as in it .. works, more or less, it's not a laggy piece of shit that just doesn't run anymore
only real problem with it now is that some sites just don't support it out of elitism, so there's really just not any reason to use it over a better browser
Unless you're at work, which is painful even to get work stuff done.
Forgot to delete a quote bro, could have just quoted too, lol though.
I used Firefox until the CPU use just got too ridiculous so I'm using Chrome now cos it syncs to the Chrome on my phone.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
OH MY GOD Firefox is a fat-ass browser.. I just compared chrome and FF on memory. Firefox: 285MB with 1 tab open. Chrome: 135MB with 1 tab open. WTF? Why?
Quote by EchoFox
OH MY GOD Firefox is a fat-ass browser.. I just compared chrome and FF on memory. Firefox: 285MB with 1 tab open. Chrome: 135MB with 1 tab open. WTF? Why?

The cool flame sticker add on's that actually make it faster.
Firefox for work, Chromium/Chrome for personal stuff, Opera for testing sometimes.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Take this from someone who used to spend upto 12 hours surfing the web everyday.

******net Exploder:
Used to be the worst browser. It's actually pretty good now, but still not great. I'd use it if I was on someone elses computer, but they were running a newer version. Otherwise I'd use a portable version of Chrome.

Firefox:
It was great for ages. Fast, compact, compatible. After many updates, it has became laggier and more sluggish. After more updates, it had memory leaks, which lasted for several updates. I still used it for months afterwards, then switched to Chrome, which I will explain why in my Chrome review.

Chrome:
I had tried Chrome before, didn't like the interface. It just wasn't like Firefox. I bought an Android tablet, and the browser sucked. There was no Firefox app, so I got the Chrome app. I didn't like it at first, still too distant from my beloved Firefox. The one thing that ended up making me convert to Chrome is this:

When you sign in with you Gmail account, it records your favourite sites, and browsing history, and shares it across any device you're signed in with. So my browsing experience is the same on any device I use, no need to bookmark my most used sites.

After getting used to the Chrome interface, it is definitely a superior browser.
"I think, as a musician, you should practice your technique to be as good as you need to be to facilitate whatever ideas come into your head."
- Devin Townsend
I used to be a FireFox fan boy until I tried Chrome.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I use chrome for adblock. A big "**** you" in the face of advertisement.
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
I need to get that... get ads for weird crap all the time.
Firefox on the Nightly channel

I really hate the new Chrome-like UI though, Australis or whatever.
For FF I use the opera theme *shocker* or the Windoz 8 theme. They look cool.
Quote by darkcheef
Firefox on the Nightly channel

lol, just got that joke.
Was on Firefox, then Chrome, now I'm back on Firefox.

Honestly, I prefer the interface, and the customization.

And I have no problem with it running slow, as people have constantly said. Only problem is, sometime it takes ages to start, then when it doesm about 5 pages open, 'cause it would stop loading so I clicked the icon more times.

Other than that, I've never seen any reason to switch back to chrome.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
I use Firefox. I like Chrome as well, but I can never get my addons to feel quite right in chrome. For example, I have to have mouse gestures and the addon for Chrome has a few little things I don't like. mainly when you do the gesture for open link in new tab it opens it as a background tab. It may not seem like a big deal, but that really annoy me, along with a few other things.
Chrome on Android is annoying with the gestures too sensitive to swiping left and right to change the tabs. Turned it off finally.
Quote by darkcheef
What joke?

Doesn't "on the nightly" mean Pronz?
Quote by EchoFox
Chrome on Android is annoying with the gestures too sensitive to swiping left and right to change the tabs. Turned it off finally.

When it comes to Android, Dolphin is the way to go for me. Love it.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by EchoFox
Doesn't "on the nightly" mean Pronz?

No, Nightly is just Firefox that's 3 versions ahead of the stable default version.
Ah, ok sure. That's cool though, had no idea.
I've been using Firefox basically since it existed. I've tried Chrome and Opera and didn't like the interface. I've never had a speed problem with Firefox. It sometimes has problems opening the moment I boot up the computer causing me to accidentally open multiple copies, and on a very rare occasion I have a problem where I can't open it until I realize that for some reason it still has a bad process running and I close it with task manager. Other than those pretty rare occasions, it's been running well.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
I've been using Firefox basically since it existed. I've tried Chrome and Opera and didn't like the interface. I've never had a speed problem with Firefox. It sometimes has problems opening the moment I boot up the computer causing me to accidentally open multiple copies, and on a very rare occasion I have a problem where I can't open it until I realize that for some reason it still has a bad process running and I close it with task manager. Other than those pretty rare occasions, it's been running well.

Like half of that happened to me a while back until they came out with 21.0
Quote by Macabre_Turtle

Yea, I knew Chrome takes a little less resources, but I didn't know anyone was actually having problems with Firefox. I've been running Firefox for like 7 years now and have never had any issues. Maybe if you have like 50 tabs open like someone said earlier, in which case it should be expected that it's gonna start hogging ram.
Firefox. Never had any reason to switch to Chrome and since I'm not using a ten year old computer, I have no problems with speed/memory usage.

And I'm not sure how it works because I never used it, but I think Firefox Sync does the exact same thing as Chrome when it comes to sharing browsing history and bookmarks between different devices. It has more add-ons and themes (personas) available than Chrome. And it also gives you a lot more customization options through the about:config menu, something I don't think Chrome allows.
Page 1 of 3