I don't have any pics of it but I saw it at Sam ash it was $650 don't remember if it's used. It has 24 frets,ebony fret board, neck through, two active emgs binding on the neck and headstock,Floyd rose, and it was black with
A flame maple top. I believe it was a soloist but I'm not too sure.
Did it have a trem bar?

EDIT it might be this guitar just in another color:

JACKSON SLX
The Wolf in the mirror staring back at me.
Last edited by EchoFox at Nov 19, 2013,
Quote by EchoFox
Did it have a trem bar?

EDIT it might be this guitar just in another color:

JACKSON SLX

Yeah it did and it may be that guitr in black but it had ebony instead of rosewood.
I'll keep looking, should find it soon.
Possibly an SL3MG?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Possibly an SL3MG?

It seems like it.
Quote by devilmaycrykid
Ah it's an x series guitar, would I be better off getting an old sl3 or dk2?

Dunno about sl3 but I have a red dk2 and it is very nice IMHO. but don't just trust us, look around a bit. and your best bet for a used one is ebay. Since they're both like $800 new.
Quote by devilmaycrykid
Ah it's an x series guitar, would I be better off getting an old sl3 or dk2?

Yes. Just as a side note, the SL3 has a better trem than the old DK2, but apart from that difference, quality-wise they're the same. Both are great guitars.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 19, 2013,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
SL3 has a better trem.

That's for sure, the trem on my DK dis-tunes it almost immediately.
Yeah I'm also looking at an sl2 and a soloist xl from 92. Was going to get an ibanez prestige but I tried two and didn't like them.
Get whatever feels right when playing it.
If it's neck through it's a Soloist. Dinkys are always bolt-on.

Also, did it have the "classic" Jackson Sharktooth inlays, or the very small piranha inlays?
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
The old pro series in general was *very* nice, though watch out for the even older Soloists, I've an '05 SL3 (that has Jackson's own Lo-Pro JT580 Licensed Floyd), the general build quality and feel is noticeably inferior to my '09 SL3MG, even though they are both of the same "quality bracket", so to speak.

(Interestingly, my RR24 (also from '09) feels incredibly similar (quality-wise) to the SL3MG, whereas an '07 model I played a while ago felt much more on par with my SL3... so I'm not sure exactly what year Jackson upped their game to make such a difference...)

Can't speak for the American-made SL2s though, but Jackson's been managing to sell them at pretty much double the price of the (discontinued) pro series for years now, so definitely not to be sniffed at.

Of course, best thing to do by far is to try them out yourself, these are just some guidelines if you can't.