I hated the triplebucker in this guitar, replaced it with a GFS Alnico II Pro, and it sounds almost brittle.

I'm thinking of putting the SD JB (SH-4) into the bridge of my guitar. I like it from what I hear. I play mostly pop punk (Paramore, New Found Glory...), and punk/rock like old misfits and joan jett. I use distortion and fuzz pedals with a fender blues jr. amp.

Would this pickup sound good in my guitar with the type of wood, pots, etc. I don't know much about the technical side of guitar.

Any other/better recommendations?

Thank you, I know I posted this twice but the first time I did it wrong, the description didn't show up under the title.
I'm not a fan of the SH-4, but a lot of people get great results with it and I'm sure it'll do what you want it to. If sounding 'good' means you'll be able to get a punkrock tone, then you should be fine. I'm not familiar with Koto wood though, so some of the brittle characteristics could be down to that...
The SH-4 will work fine. I have one in a G-400, it sounds fine and I play punk to metal.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by -MintSauce-
I'm not familiar with Koto wood though, so some of the brittle characteristics could be down to that...

Koto or it's scientific name Pterygota Bequaertii is a semi-hardwood from east Africa. It's mainly used for broom handles, door knobs, and almost everything else that needs a straight grained durable wood.

Tonally the wood is midrangey with harsh highs.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
I put an SH-4 in a yamaha-eg112 pretty cheap beginner guitar and it sounds fantastic (that is if you're in to that heavy/crunchy grunge sound) im sure it will work out good.