Hello, I have a Squier California Series HSS and I'm planning to change the pickups. What are the best pickups for Squier California Series HSS? Need a good recommendation. Thanks!
If you list your budget, current gear, and what you want to sound like we can give some suggestions. "The best" is a really weak request, there's no way to answer that.
[my opinion] With a guitar that cheap it's not worth buying new pickups. They might cost you twice that much as the guitar and you still might not get the resuts you hope for. Buy a new guitar instead. [/my opinion]
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF
DiMarzio Evolution 7 & DiMarzio LiquiFire 7
Peavey Valve King 112, Peavey Vypyr 15
Harley Benton NG-100, Ibanez Weeping Demon

Quote by metalmingee
In fact, wanting different tunings is one of the best reasons to convince others that you need more guitars.
Quote by Dragonfyre137
[my opinion] With a guitar that cheap it's not worth buying new pickups. They might cost you twice that much as the guitar and you still might not get the resuts you hope for. Buy a new guitar instead. [/my opinion]

I disagree. If the OP has a reasonably decent amp and likes the feel of his Squire, a PU upgrade isn't a bad temp upgrade.

If he keeps the old pickups, the new pickups can used for another guitar. A PU upgrade isn't an permanent change.

First off, OP, what amp and do you not like about your Squire's sound?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
How long is a piece of string?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Roc8995
If you list your budget, current gear, and what you want to sound like we can give some suggestions. "The best" is a really weak request, there's no way to answer that.

+1.
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.

Definitely need more information, but I'm irresponsible. I promise two Fender Hot Noiseless single coils in the mid/neck won't let you down. They're really awesome. In the notch position they are absolutely beautiful for cleans. They are high ***ugh output that they work for high gain lead styles. Syrupy as can be with that single coil duck/bite thing going on. Unless you want something really different from traditional single coils (Like a hot rails) I don't know how these could possibly not be a great choice. Literally the only thing in my rig I have absolutely no complaints about.

Bridge is a bit different. That one is very dependant on what you want to do with it. You might want PAFs you might want a smooth medium output bucker, or something ridiculous like Duncan Distortion.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay