Hi Ultimate guitarists.

I'm shopping for a new micro tube amp. I currently have a mesa boogie heartbreaker that I love, but I've been getting complaints from neighbors lately about playing too loud. I came across the Lil Night Train, Vox AC4Tv, and the fender champion. I was hoping someone can help eliminate any of these from my list. Its hard for me to make it out to the local music shop and youtube reviews aren't cutting it.

I appreciate any input, comments or suggestions. I currently have a 07 Les paul standard and an american deluxe fat strat.

Thanks in advance
Honestly, if you are having volume issues, you need to either just turn down or get a headphone/FRFR setup. Those tiny little amps are cheaper and let you get a little bit more power amp breakup a little bit earlier, but Mesa has a good master volume setup and there's really no reason that it can't sound great at low volumes. So you're either playing too loud or your neighbors are whining, but a smaller amp isn't necessarily going to fix either of those.

I'd look seriously into something like a POD or an Axe-Fx so that you can play completely silently at early/late hours, then stick to your Mesa when you can play louder.
I have my studio right next to my neighbors house (on available room). I have my master volume at around 2-3, dialed down to the tweed variac to allow for less watts. I have to crank up to 4-5 to get the tone i want, but find myself frequently turning down in respect for my whiny neighbors.

Anyhow, I have one of those Boss BR portable effects studio, but i can't dial in the tones I want.

Thanks for your suggestions Roc
Really in this situation you will just have to talk with your neighbours and ask them to compromise with your hobby and whatever theirs is.

If the tone you need is at 4-5 on a Mesa it's going to be loud. Perhaps warn them before recording?

Or maybe buying an isolation cab?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by FuZZface707
I have my studio right next to my neighbors house (on available room). I have my master volume at around 2-3, dialed down to the tweed variac to allow for less watts. I have to crank up to 4-5 to get the tone i want, but find myself frequently turning down in respect for my whiny neighbors.

Anyhow, I have one of those Boss BR portable effects studio, but i can't dial in the tones I want.

Thanks for your suggestions Roc

If you own the house you're in. Sound proof that room as best as possible. Then build another room inside that one and sound proof that one also.
Those little amps still require some volume to sound their best. My Blackface Champ (6W, single 6V6 power tube) is pretty much as loud as my 50W Blackstar on the full power setting. I'll agree with Roc, Mesa's master volumes have been excellent in my experience.

If you're having that much trouble with the neighbors I'd recommend looking into a Pod HD500 or another modeler/processor according to your budget.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
I own a Crate v5 and it's loud. Saturation still requires volume here and I can't set it at 12 o'clock without the natives going restless.

I got to mess around on a Bugera V5 which can go down from 5 to 1 and 1/4 watt, but it loses something when set below 5 watts. The attenuation wasn't for me nor was the 8" speaker. I haven't tried the Epi Valve Jr nor the Kustom 5H but I think it's all the same... Loud.

If you are set on a small tube amp try it out first. Good luck.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
even one watt dimed is loud. say its out of a 12" V30 (for sake of arguement) you would effectively be at 103db from one meter away, that is enough to cause hearing damage over time.

guitar amps are what they are, loud. i have good neighbors at both of my houses and the house i bought several years ago i just introduced myself and said i will stop high volume at 10pm and not start until 9am or later. they were all fine with it. i am very good friends with them and they will occasionally complement.

my other house i got in may and again just told the neighbors that i play and if they need any accommodations as to when i play, i would abide, but they haven't ever complained, but i keep it down late. MV's work for a reason.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Have you tried just using an overdrive pedal to get a nice tone at much lower volumes? A decent small amp is at least $150 used. You can get all three Joyo overdrives for $100 on Amazon and probably come up with a better sound than you’ll get out of one of those lunchbox amps with an 8" speaker.
Quote by jpnyc
Have you tried just using an overdrive pedal to get a nice tone at much lower volumes? A decent small amp is at least $150 used. You can get all three Joyo overdrives for $100 on Amazon and probably come up with a better sound than you’ll get out of one of those lunchbox amps with an 8" speaker.

smallest amp i have is an Orange Dual Terror, it does decent quietly so no issue. has plenty of gain.

but really even if you have your amp turned down the OD pedal would make it louder if you weren't increasing gain. only increase volume and tone to touch.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Thanks for all the replies fellas. I'm currently renting my house, so sound proof isn't much of an option. Neighbors won't make eye contact, let alone wave when I see them. I plan on writing a letter stating no "LOUD" guitar past 9 on weekdays. I'll plan on recording the bulk of my stuff on the weekends at a reasonable hour.
Have you tried a middle finger, perhaps two, and a reminder that you pay taxes too?
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20