Does my amp have a problem?

That's my first tube amp, a Blackheart BH5H, and I don't really have the chance to play any other, beside a really damn old one owned by a friend of mine.

My concern is anyway that, I can still hear what I play even with the volume on 0.
The volume is low and the sound is muffled, though I can clearly hear what I play.
If I turn it up a bit, to about 7:30/8 o' clock, the volume gets lower and less muffled.
Then from about 9 o' clock all the way up to the max it's all normal.

I'm no real expert here, but I don't really know what to think of...
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Nov 19, 2013,

That's just how some amps work. If you were really bothered by it you could replace the pot with a different one, might need a different value or maybe the one in your amp just is a bit far off spec. But it's not exactly a problem, is it? If you want the amp to stop making noise you turn the guitar volume down or turn the amp off. If you want it to make noise you probably don't need it at zero.
My Class5 does the same thing, and other C5 owners have noticed it with theirs as well. Not really a problem, per se.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7
it's normal. that amp's main job is to make a guitar louder and not quieter.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Sounds like a flaky volume pot to me.

Although. theoretically a 100k pot (as an example) should give readings from 0k - 100k, when in reality, they are usually around 1.5k - 98k (more or less).

But really, I wouldn't worry about it unless it gets worse.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Nov 19, 2013,
what colin said.

it might be a sign of a problem (dodgy volume pot, or at least well outside spec volume pot), but it also might just be normal. i wouldn't worry about it unless you notice anything else wrong, really.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?