Hey guys,

I just noticed a crack in the finish on the neck pocket of my 2004 - 2006 Jackson DKMGT Dinky. This guitar stays in a hard Gator case right side up (playing position) when not in use.

I did some research and these types of finish cracks seem to be common on strat body guitars but I'm a bit paranoid and wanted some experienced eyes to take a look.

The first picture is an up close view. The second picture is zoomed out to give a better overall orientation of the crack.

So as the post title says, it's just a finish in the crack right? Haven't noticed any difference in tuning stability and it doesn't seem to flex at all. The angle seems a bit too straight and on a diagonal to be with the wood grain.

Thanks for your feedback!
Attachments:
Jackson Pic 1.JPG
Jackson Pic 2.JPG
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Gotta be just a crack in the finish. There's so way a basswood body would split right there like that.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Ya thats a common thing to happen on bolt on necks. It happens from the wood drying out around the screw compressing and making a crack. This shouldn't have any effect on structure of the guitar or sound or anything. I'm sure there are ways to fix the finish to look like nothing happened.
Don"t Be A Bitch.
Seems like every other one of my guitars has that crack...

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Ok. Thanks everyone!
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .