SSS for life, I suppose. Found this deal on Craigslist for a cool $300. The body is a 200?something MiM Nashville Telecaster. I have no idea which company the neck is from. It's pretty smooth. The CF was added on later by the first owner, I'm pretty sure it's his initials. Overall its a super, super fast neck. Very flat and smooth. Not quite enough of that bite I'm looking for in my play style, though. I do quite a lot of clawhammer.

I've got an old Warmoth Pro VG Strat neck pictured below that I relic'd some time back. It's the custom 10"-16" "Warmoth Radius." I'm going to end up swapping it out for that sometime here soon.

At least the original neck came with locking tuners!

No nice pictures this time around, the camera's at the cleaners. I'm getting a new film setup soon that I think will suit this guitar quite nicely. Then you'll be able to see the really sexy Tortoise Shell / 2-Tone combo.

The Tex-Mex's are alright. However, I think I'll be swapping them. Probably for a Texas Special in the bridge, a Twisted Tele in the neck, and a Fat 50 in the middle. If you disagree, post links below and I'll take suggestions.

I'm also back and forth on whether I should look at a B5 Bigsby or a Hipshot B-Bender.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Nov 19, 2013,
HHH masterrace checking in.

Just kidding, man. HNGD! I've always thought that teles/strats look better with a lighter colored maple fretboard.
will that neck match up with the tele neck pocket route?

congrats jake!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
will that neck match up with the tele neck pocket route?

congrats jake!

The current one is a Fender licensed 22 fret. I'm pretty confident.
Very nice!

[ ]Now, to completely confuse things, you need to get a:

Reverend Pete Anderson Eastsider
http://www.reverendguitars.com/instrument/eastsider-s/

Reverend Six Gun LE
http://www.diffusion-audio.com/xcart/Reverend-Six-Gun-LE.html

Tradition Jerry Reid Pro
http://www.traditionguitars.com/Guitars-for-Sale.html

Fret-King Country Squire Semitone
http://fret-king.com/black-label/country-squire-semitone-special.html#.Uowzscu9KSM

Fret-King Country Super S
http://fret-king.com/blue-label/super-s.html#.Uow0P8u9KSM[/ ]
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by JustRooster
That Pete Anderson Eastsider is so damn cool.

It's good to have goals.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

As for your proposed mods, I personally never saw the point of a B-Bender over a normal trem. I'd go with a Bigsby or Tone-King.

On the pickups, I have to ask what kind of tone you want? And do you already have a guitar that covers that base already?* If you do, there are all kinds of singlecoils out there. F'rex, I have a set of Alumitones in a maple hollowbody, and it has achingly clean tone. Not as twangy as you might expect, though.

OTOH, the Tesla OPUS S-1s in my RockBeach are very sweet & smooth.

* There's nothing wrong with going for similar tones out of different guitars; I just tend to buy guitars with a wide variety of pickups.

sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by dannyalcatraz
As for your proposed mods, I personally never saw the point of a B-Bender over a normal trem. I'd go with a Bigsby or Tone-King.

On the pickups, I have to ask what kind of tone you want? And do you already have a guitar that covers that base already?* If you do, there are all kinds of singlecoils out there. F'rex, I have a set of Alumitones in a maple hollowbody, and it has achingly clean tone. Not as twangy as you might expect, though.

OTOH, the Tesla OPUS S-1s in my RockBeach are very sweet & smooth.

* There's nothing wrong with going for similar tones out of different guitars; I just tend to buy guitars with a wide variety of pickups.

The bridge is going to be for Twangin', the middle's going to be for Surf and Soul, the neck is going to be for the kick-ass'inest of the solos.

It's important to note that if I were to get something other than a lipstick in the neck I'd have to get a new pickguard.
Tesla makes a nifty lipstick, as does SD- Godin uses the SD lipstick in their Belmont, and it sounds great!

By the way, since we're talking mods, have you ever considered trying the Bill Kirchen mod? He puts the volume knob at the fore, for swells, and the pickup selector is at the back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5Rfv0dQttM&sns=em

(I'm strongly considering that for my custom Tele from RockBeach.)

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Nov 20, 2013,
I've did that to my old Baja Tele. I'll probably do it to this one, too. Some really awesome playing in that video!
Last edited by JustRooster at Nov 20, 2013,