I know coin collecting is for nerds, and obviously you don't want to publicize the hobby for fear of becoming an instant pariah, but everyone should start collecting coins.

But don't do it for you. There's nothing fun about collecting coins. But hold on to them, and put it in your will that they are to remain untouched in a safety deposit box until 200 years have passed and we are all part of Best Korea.

Why?

Because this oldass mother****er just sold his coin collection for 23 million ****ing dollars. Just imagine if your great grandpa had started a coin collection and passed it down the family line to be cashed out when it was valuable. And all of a sudden all of those goddamn useless coins (seriously, **** change) are worth millions of dollars. Wouldn't you be ecstatic? I'd be ecstatic. So be a man. Do right thing.

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/19/rare-coin-collection-23-million_n_4301553.html
I'm broke so if it's legal tender it's getting spent now
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I'm broke so if it's legal tender it's getting spent now

I was about to say this.

I need every penny.
I collect coins and then I take them to the bank and turn them into dollars and then I spend them because i'm not a loser
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Pennies will be obsolete soon. They're worth more than $.01, so they're going to stop producing them. People have made fortunes by buying truckloads pennies and melting them down.

So in 150 years, when 80% of the population doesn't know what a ****ing penny is, your grandkids will have hundreds of 'em to sell. They'll make quadzillions (because inflation, obvs).
Quote by bradulator
I collect coins and then I take them to the bank and turn them into dollars and then I spend them because i'm a misterable twat who doesn't want his progeny to be rich and/or successful

ftfy
Quote by progdude93
ftfy

If my children want to be successful, they can do it the proper way like I am trying to do. Get an education and get a decent job, or if they're lucky enough to have special artistic or athletic talents they can go those routes if they're good enough. But I'm not raising a damn trust fund baby.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by progdude93
Pennies will be obsolete soon. They're worth more than $.01, so they're going to stop producing them. People have made fortunes by buying truckloads pennies and melting them down.

So in 150 years, when 80% of the population doesn't know what a ****ing penny is, your grandkids will have hundreds of 'em to sell. They'll make quadzillions (because inflation, obvs).
Grandkids? 150 years?

You need some math help buddy?

Or maybe I need the math help. I don't know anymore.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by progdude93
ftfy

Hell naw i'm Andrew Carnegie'ing that shit
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by progdude93

Just because no pennies are being produced doesn't mean they will stop being legal tender. Melting down coins that are legal tender is illegal.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
I collect US quarters, halves, and dollar coins...but nothing with silver content. I'm about 50 years late to start doing that...
Quote by lolmnt
Grandkids? 150 years?

You need some math help buddy?

Or maybe I need the math help. I don't know anymore.

Math is dumb anyway

Quote by rockingamer2
Just because no pennies are being produced doesn't mean they will stop being legal tender. Melting down coins that are legal tender is illegal.

So is jaywalking. But when there are no cars passing by, does anyone actually give a shit?
Last edited by progdude93 at Nov 20, 2013,
My great grandad collected coins(he had a few thousand), the most expensive one we found was like 25 bucks, but most were only worth face value
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
why you gotta kill my dreams man please take your foot off my nards so I can shuffle back home with my head hung low.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
I collect coins... I get new ones every payday, and by the end of the week all my coins have mysteriously disappeared.

You get that too? I swear that my bank is infested with money pinching pixies or something.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
You get that too? I swear that my bank is infested with money pinching pixies or something.

I just have a money pinching family who keep insisting that I buy them stuff, like food for example.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
I just have a money pinching family who keep insisting that I buy them stuff, like food for example.

What is it with you kids? Every other day it's "food, food, food"!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I thought you meant like a pennie jar or something.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
How are you going to end up with a family anyway if all you talk about on dates is coin collecting?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by metacarpi
What is it with you kids? Every other day it's "food, food, food"!

I know, right? Next they'll be wanting me to spend money on clothing them.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
why? my bloodline ends with me

well yeah. you can't get anyone to have sex with you, so obviously grandkids are out of the question.

Quote by snipelfritz
How are you going to end up with a family anyway if all you talk about on dates is coin collecting?

That's why I specifically said to never talk about. Don't make a hobby out of it.
I want to start collecting metals. Not just coins but gold and silver in general. Instead of spending like a hundred bucks a week on weed I can just spend 50, and save the other 50. Then every few months take how ever much I have and buy that much worth of gold/silver. Since the price for both increases everyday I'm sure I can make a decent profit after even just a few decades.

I don't want to reproduce, so **** saving if for my kids I don't want. But maybe if I accidentally have some I'll give them half.
Last edited by Wormholes at Nov 20, 2013,