Hey guys. I have what to me is a fairly complicated cable patter. I am playing through a 6505+ and I use a TS9 up front going into my Boss GT 10 and then the BOSS is in the X pattern along with a side looped X pattern noise gate, an equilizer in the loop, and I use the GT10 as a channel selector for my amp. So all together i have

effects loop: 2 cables
channel selector: 1 cable
Input: 1 cable

The only stomp box i can keep close to the amp is the eq but that doesnt elliminate any cables.

Thats 4 cables running FROM my amp to my board. How do you guys wrap those cables up to run to your pedal board? Like, is there a GOOD way to do this? its an effing mess and I would like to somehow color code the cables and have like 1 big massive cable running from the amp to the board with color cables. I have to look at a schematic every time i break down my rig. lol

Please dont answer "simplify your rig", I love the way its all setup and it just sounds amazing and i have so many options this way.
Cable ties. Cheapest option by far.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Personally, I use a 8m cable like this for live situations: http://www.thomann.de/nl/the_sssnake_sk3193_snake.htm

I have build a small housing so the four connectors all go into my pedalboard at the same place, that also helps. That leaves one cable with four connectors. I have found that cable ties cause the cable to wrap up in all sorts of ways..
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson Les Paul Tribute 50's
Gibson Midtown Custom
Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Fender Telecaster Standard
Gretsch Corvette
Danelectro DC59

Crybaby | TS9 | Korg | Little Big Muff | PS-6| MXR Chorus | TC Spark| DL4
timfleur that looks like a winner for sure! thanks for the response man! the cable ties work ok but after several uses they wrap my cables up kind of funny and then they get tangled and stuff. Maybe i should be more careful but in my opinion thats a stupid problem to have. I want something to FIX that issue.
Yeah, I have been using these cables for several years now, and never had an issue. I always keep a spare though Never broke on me during a gig though!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson Les Paul Tribute 50's
Gibson Midtown Custom
Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Fender Telecaster Standard
Gretsch Corvette
Danelectro DC59

Crybaby | TS9 | Korg | Little Big Muff | PS-6| MXR Chorus | TC Spark| DL4
4 cables? you're not even trying!

Anyway, just get some good quality cables and tape them up together to form one big cable, (different coloured insulating tape on each at the ends), use black gaffer tape every foot or so. Or get a techie to make you a simple multi-core.
Quote by PSimonR
4 cables? you're not even trying!

Anyway, just get some good quality cables and tape them up together to form one big cable, (different coloured insulating tape on each at the ends), use black gaffer tape every foot or so. Or get a techie to make you a simple multi-core.

this

i learned cable manegement when i attempted to use a stereo rig

that was a mess
lol - well, there are a ton of "small" cables at the board routing all this sh!t around. 2 x-patterns i thought was pretty rough! haha.. What does your setup look like???