Anyone used any decent ones?
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
Android doesn't really have the audio optimization that iPad's have. I'm not exactly an iPad apple fan, but it's one thing that they do WAY better than Android stuff.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Android devices have plenty of power to do audio, the issue was that the actual OS was limiting its potential by not being optimized for audio, causing it to have high amounts of latency when recording. A lot of these issues were fixed in 4.1, but since there are so many devices on the market, and so many distributions of Android, it's very hard for app developers to code a DAW that works optimally with more than a few devices. iOS is preferable in this regard for the same reason that Mac is generally considered a more "stable" OS - There are a very limited number of builds, with a limited number of hardware and software components. Thus, it's much easier to code an audio app that will work with their devices...

Not to mention that iOS was more stable in the audio spectrum well before Android was, and supported external recording devices pretty early on, and thus, all of the major developers bypassed Android completely. I'm sure many of them are now working on new apps for Android, but when we'll actually see one enter the market that's stable across many devices, who knows.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Ye I would go with Ipad for music stuff.

There are 2 good DAWS in there. I however do not use them, because it's not like my Ableton Live workflow, and a big screen really helps with fine editing.

For recording on the IPAD the DAW's are excellent, and being able to record mobile is a feature one might need (recording impulses or sound in the open, where there's no outlet)

What I do use my Ipad for however, is Synthesizer apps. There are a few great synths on there, which have a way faster workflow due to touch input, and being able to adjust 2 knobs at once. Likewise it's naturally more faster, though the same speed can be achieved with a good computer mouse/software.

There's one synth Which I absolutely love, and that is Sunrizer. I can plug a Midi keyboard into it, and it has the same easy 'midi learn' as ableton. You just click midi map, and every control gets an overlay, and you just have to hit a pad or slightly twist the knob, and boom it's mapped to that control. Complete with numbers for designating.

The power of being able to adjust 2 parameters at once in real time is so much handier when sound editing/design.

I also use it to write out melodies and/or harmonies when I'm somewhere. Something which is very handy as well.

I also use my ipad to control midi over wifi, and it has become my mini step sequencer, mixer and kaoss pad in one to use on my Computer DAW.

If you however are serious about recording, and you have a shit computer, then I would advice 100% to save up for a new computer and use a DAW there.

My ipad is probably the most finely tuned device you can have for audio, with jailbreak and zero latency, and after loads of use, I still find myself behind my computer 90% of the time until 4am working on a mix.

Off course in the summer it's fun to take outside with a small midi keyboard and a small stereoset, and bang out some tunes

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Nov 21, 2013,
Thanks for the feedback. I do have a decent PC for recording, I was just looking at something I could use on the go with a simple interface, easy to set up etc for impulse recording of new riffs and so forth. Maybe some day a developer will come up with something.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

Quote by RubberSoul54321
Thanks for the feedback. I do have a decent PC for recording, I was just looking at something I could use on the go with a simple interface, easy to set up etc for impulse recording of new riffs and so forth. Maybe some day a developer will come up with something.

Some day?

You wanted a DAW, not a mere recording device.

In that case buy an audio recorder, or use your phone's mic.

If you mean recording with DI signals..for Ipad/Iphone there are loads of ways to record guitar directly. I've even seen a performer playing a live gig through his Iphone hooked to the PA .

It was far better than I expected.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Yep - something like the iRig would be spot on, if it worked on Android.

Quote by RubberSoul54321
Yep - something like the iRig would be spot on, if it worked on Android.

iRig Mic, iRig PRE and iRig MIX all work on Android, but there's not really any apps on the OS that make much use of them.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com