So

I was at my local guitar center, and they had a Schecter Damien Platinum 6 FR, and I loved the neck. However, I would rather get the Schecter Blackjack SLS V-1 or Banshee FR over the Damian Platinum. The thing is, I have no idea the neck shape of any of the 3 guitars, as it is not listed on Schecter's website.

The real reason why I am concerned is that the V-1 (My most likely choice) is not in production, but I have found an ebay seller (Studio Gear, 100% Positive rating) who has 5+ in stock. If I was to get it and hate the neck, I would have to pay around $115 to for restocking :L

I have smaller then average hands/fingers, and I cant stand necks such as Thin-U, but, gosh, dat damien, it felt nice.

So, does anyone know if they would have the same shape?/What shape it is?

Thanks.
Schecter’s standard neck profile is very similar to 70s Les Pauls: narrow C near the headstock, thicker and flatter D toward the body. On 26.5" scale guitars the neck is a little fatter near the headstock. The SLS models have a new super thin design that I’ve never seen.

You should be able to have a guitar shipped directly to the nearby Guitar Center for free so that you can try it there and not pay restocking fees if you dislike it.
Quote by jpnyc
Schecter’s standard neck profile is very similar to 70s Les Pauls: narrow C near the headstock, thicker and flatter D toward the body. On 26.5" scale guitars the neck is a little fatter near the headstock. The SLS models have a new super thin design that I’ve never seen.

You should be able to have a guitar shipped directly to the nearby Guitar Center for free so that you can try it there and not pay restocking fees if you dislike it.

Hey, thanks.

So, if I want to feel the neck of the SLS, all I have to do is ask? (Basically) No ordering or anything? (Ive only been to GC one time, as it is over an hour away :L)
You’ll have to order it and have it shipped to the store. But at least that way if you want a refund you can just get it right there without leaving, mailing it back, and paying restocking fees. Ask about the fee part; they might be getting greedy about that.
So, I asked Ryan Bruce (Of the youtube Channel Ryan Bruce, and of The Gear Addict's Show), and he said that the Banshee and SLS series have a Thin-C Strat Like Neck, which I hope is true, so I could easily play the neck and get a feel.