Zzzounds and American Music Supply are blowing out the 2013 Gibson lines. There are nice discounts on Gibson’s entire range from the SG and LP J models all the way up to the $2500 models. Music123 will beat the prices, and Guitar Center will probably price match in-store if you want to try something first. If you want to score a nice Gibson for under $1000 this is your chance.
^ Or europe.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ Or europe.

Was about to post this, I'd do things for one of the SGJ's.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Has anybody who's played the LPJ or SGJ guitars willing to comment on the maple neck? The only mahogany body set maple neck guitar I've ever had was a 1980 Ibanez Studio 50. It sounded way thinner than my Gibsons, even when unplugged and I always attributed that to the maple neck and maybe the Fender scale length. I wound up trading for an LP double cut and I'm happier with the tone.

These are really tempting deals though.......
^ a lot of lesters came with 3 piece maple necks.

if only there was a really cool UG'er that would act as a middle man for you people NOT in the US.

say, someone that could look over the guitar beforehand and make sure it's packed correctly for international shipping...

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
You let the cat out of the bag....I'm just waiting for my credit card payment to go through to buy one...I have to wait until tomorrow...
70's tribute SG $539 in vintage sunburst, I'm selling some gear this week
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Amazon is now on board. You guys in Oz and the EU should see if they’ll ship to you.
Of course this happens when I'm pretty much broke I don't remember this any previous years, do they do this every single year and I just never notice it? Because if so I might have to buy a Les Paul next year.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
They do it every year. Until 2012 it was just a model that had tanked hard, usually because of some weird paint job. In 2012 they blew out all the alternate fretboard material guitars. But this massive dump is unprecedented. Either Gibson ****ed up big time and had a horrible 2013 or there’s some huge news coming at NAMM in January.
Quote by jpnyc
They do it every year. Until 2012 it was just a model that had tanked hard, usually because of some weird paint job. In 2012 they blew out all the alternate fretboard material guitars. But this massive dump is unprecedented. Either Gibson ****ed up big time and had a horrible 2013 or there’s some huge news coming at NAMM in January.

Thought that, too. I suppose their newer, cheaper models didn't do well. Even some of their CS pricing is nice.
Quote by Ippon
Thought that, too. I suppose their newer, cheaper models didn't do well.

They’ve been deliberately making much of the inexpensive stuff ugly. The SGJ and LPJ would probably have done a lot better without the gross paint jobs and black hardware. But then they’d be competing with the more expensive stuff.
Quote by jpnyc
They’ve been deliberately making much of the inexpensive stuff ugly. The SGJ and LPJ would probably have done a lot better without the gross paint jobs and black hardware. But then they’d be competing with the more expensive stuff.

I just wish they could find nicer paint jobs that cost the same amount. The SGJ and LPJ are two of the ugliest guitars I have ever seen.