Good evening! or morning. Or afternoon!

Anyways, I was wondering if I could replace the transformers on my Bugera 1990, with something like this , per say. Would it work? Would the tonal change be great ***ugh to warrant the money? Am I ******ed thinking this? Am I using too many question marks?

Figured I'd ask and see. I'm not totally braindead on electronics, but I usually mess around with pedals, and guitar electronics, and whatnot. I never balled-out ***ugh to see if I could hold it together and not electrocute myself in a tube amp. Only takes once, lol. Figured I might as well learn something. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

EDIT: apparently it censored my using the word e n o u g h, and the word r e t a r d e d. I'm not sure why this is so.
Quote by pdawson

crap, i got high and took a bath with my sisters fish, and totally forgot he was in there when i drained out the water
R.I.P Sassy

Quote by MakinLattes

I once sharpened an entire box of crayons and walked around my neighborhood trying to sell baggies of shavings.
Don't waist the money, get a used Marshall JCM or Laney GH/VH
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Well I was gonna wind up getting an engl anyways, but I figured since I had it I might as well warm up my Chinese soul up a bit. It's like 60 bucks. Couldn't hurt to try. I was just wondering if the tone gain would be worth the moolah thrown at an amp tech.

Anyone? I already know for sure it's getting a retube.
Quote by pdawson

crap, i got high and took a bath with my sisters fish, and totally forgot he was in there when i drained out the water
R.I.P Sassy

Quote by MakinLattes

I once sharpened an entire box of crayons and walked around my neighborhood trying to sell baggies of shavings.
Quote by Necrolysis
Well I was gonna wind up getting an engl anyways, but I figured since I had it I might as well warm up my Chinese soul up a bit. It's like 60 bucks. Couldn't hurt to try. I was just wondering if the tone gain would be worth the moolah thrown at an amp tech.

Anyone? I already know for sure it's getting a retube.

I looked at the link, they want almost $80 for 1. If you hire a tech to do the work add another $100-$150 to that.

A retube is all I would do to that amp. New mullard 12ax7 for V1, JJecc83 for the rest and JJ KT77 or JJE34L for the power section.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I looked at the link, they want almost $80 for 1. If you hire a tech to do the work add another $100-$150 to that.

A retube is all I would do to that amp. New mullard 12ax7 for V1, JJecc83 for the rest and JJ KT77 or JJE34L for the power section.

Concur.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Valid argument. I think ill go for it. Thanks! If nothing else it'll make a backup amp. Lol
Quote by pdawson

R.I.P Sassy

Quote by MakinLattes